A couple of new toys!

Started by Reeltyme, December 04, 2020, 01:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reeltyme

Folks, I have had the good fortune of acquiring a few new toys in the past month. I also thought that y'all might enjoy seeing my new toys. I had a gentleman bring to me a VomHofe to "show" me. Not for sale, just to show. He left without it... It turned out to be a 722, 12/0 Commander Ross! He should have known not to bring it to "show" it to me! The Commander is currently undergoing a cleaning transformation. I then had a gentleman contact me to consider purchasing a 16/0 Senator and a 12/0, 2 speed Fin-Nor. I was interested until I saw the photos!!! Then it went to, "how soon can you get here"! After I purchased them both, I put a call into the Penn Guru, Mr. Michael Cacioppo. Mike informed me that the 16/0 was from the late 50's (58ish) and he had only ever seen 1 other 16/0 with the amber colored torpedo shaped handle, which was on the "Jaws" reel and that handle had been special ordered! He said that the color was very rare! Got my blood going! I'm just going on what I have been told but I will admit that I have never seen that color on a 16/0 torpedo handle before. As for the Fin-Nor,, she's just beautiful! The presentation box is rare to begin with. The warranty and booklets are printed in Japanese as well as the back of the owners metal card. I have to believe that this was a special consideration from Fin-Nor for the new owner.  The Fin-Nor came from Figi and the Senator hails from Australia. Both reels are as perfect as you'll ever find. I guess I won't ask for anything for Christmas! Hope y'all enjoy the pictures.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Swami805

Wow, some beautiful reels, good finds!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Cuttyhunker

I wondered if you could stand it not to post until the Ross was back together.  Now I know.  The Fin Nor is an absolute time capsule, look closely at the book, the reflections are from the factory clear plastic that was never removed.  You may want to skip town before the Sheriff shows up with the larceny warrant.
Doomed from childhood

Dominick

Some guys have all the luck.  nice work.  Congratulations on those purchases.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reeltyme

Cutty, I sold my first born to get those reels! Good deal huh! ;D

1badf350

Nice Randy!
I have a couple with the same handle and an extra. The Jaws reel had close to a light yellow color knob
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

54bullseye

Who said you could buy that Fin-Nor !!!!!  LOL  very nice ! I have never seen that raised embossed bearing cap before ?  Nice score Randy !!
John Taylor

Reeltyme

Great reels Chris! So much for my 15 minutes! In fairness to Mr. Mike, he was going on my verbal description only. He was long distance from upstate New York! Freezing his backside off I might add! As for the embossed end cap,,, pretty nice it is. Finally got one on you John,,, but it's a small "1". :D