Connecticut Stripers report....

Started by pjstevko, December 05, 2020, 05:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Went back to the spot this morning at dead low tide to retrieve my paddle tail I lost last night on a rock two feet from shore. I figured I'd make a few casts and low and behold I caught a couple more including this 24"er

Bill B

Good job...always a good day when you get out fishing....even better when the fish are biting...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

oc1

There is another internet forum where guys are always complaining about how hard it is to find stripers these days.  They should all take a lesson from PJ.  But, fix that photo before you give away your location  :)
-steve

Benni3

I really like Connecticut,,,,,,, ;) the people there are very nice,,,,,,, :D the ABC laws are different just bring your own beer inside the restaurant,,,hehe and they got really good clam chowder,,,,,:P but didn't know the fishing was that good too,,,,,,,, ;D

pjstevko

Quote from: oc1 on December 06, 2020, 08:58:29 PM
There is another internet forum where guys are always complaining about how hard it is to find stripers these days.  They should all take a lesson from PJ.  But, fix that photo before you give away your location  :)
-steve
Yeah the people on that forum are ridiculous.. They would remove that last picture I posted because it could "burn" the fishing spot which goes against their forum guidelines. Their fanatical over there and take sharing of locations and information way too serious.They wouldn't even allow me to ask if anyone had caught fish at a local river mouth. They must never fish anywhere other than their home states or must be experts to never need help fishing a new area...... I like it way better here :)

oc1

Hardy Boy

That looks like a ton of fun !! I need to catch a striper one day to get it off the list.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

steelfish

Quote from: Hardy Boy on December 07, 2020, 02:31:56 PM
That looks like a ton of fun !! I need to catch a striper one day to get it off the list.
Cheers:
Todd

you might not believe it but the striper fish is already scratched out from my list, caught in Mexico border with USA, I thought there were only swiming on Northcal and Eastcoast of USA, few years ago I was visiting my Parents in law that live in a city bordering Mex-USA and there is a big Canal that separated both countries, I used to leave a cheapo rod on my Inlaws house to fish there when my wife want to spend half day there, that time I was fishing for Greenbass when this fellow striper bit the worm.

@PJ, really awesome that count of fish caught amigo, what reel and rod did you used?
The Baja Guy

pjstevko

Quote from: steelfish on December 07, 2020, 09:28:12 PM
Quote from: Hardy Boy on December 07, 2020, 02:31:56 PM
Cheers:
Todd

you might not believe it but the striper fish is already scratched out from my list, caught in Mexico border with USA, I thought there were only swiming on Northcal and Eastcoast of USA, few years ago I was visiting my Parents in law that live in a city bordering Mex-USA and there is a big Canal that separated both countries, I used to leave a cheapo rod on my Inlaws house to fish there when my wife want to spend half day there, that time I was fishing for Greenbass when this fellow striper bit the worm.

@PJ, really awesome that count of fish caught amigo, what reel and rod did you used?

Believe it or not stripers can be caught in a lot of states including inland states with fresh water stripers.....

I bought a 9ft 2 piece Tsunami Airwave rod that I'll leave here in CT and the reel was a 4000 series Shimano Stradic with 20# braid....

steelfish

Quote from: pjstevko on December 08, 2020, 01:45:39 AM
I bought a 9ft 2 piece Tsunami Airwave rod that I'll leave here in CT and the reel was a 4000 series Shimano Stradic with 20# braid....

nice !!

I have a tsunami airwave 9ft too, I use a cheaper reel but shimano as well, Shimano sonora 4000 FE and 30# braid, who would know, hu?
I just bought a quantum Cabo 60 here to another member and will check how that bigger reel feels in that rod, I know some East side guys use Van stalls 200 with that same rod so, I think it wont feel that unbalanced with the Cabo 60 reel, still waiting to arrive and check.

The Baja Guy

quabbin boy 62

yup, schoolies are always fun to play with. i usually fish in southern rhode island, breachways and salt ponds for them, haven't been able to get down there since last march. thanks for the grins!

pjstevko

Here's my final striper for my trip home. I caught a total of 56 stripers in the last 10 days!

Pj

JoseCuervo

Fixt. Nice pic!

Brewcrafter

Steelfish - not sure what canal you were working there at the border, but pretty much anything that is fed by the Colorado River (I know, not a lot of water makes it past Imperial Dam) is gonna have stripers, they are that tenacious.  And love fishing for them at The River.  The California Aqueduct (basically a canal from the California Delta to carry water to the parched desert of Southern California) is loaded with them, and they are in every body of water associated with it.  And trout stockings are pretty much short lived, expensive, and meaningless in those waters. - john

Benni3

Fantastic job man,,,,, :D that has to be a blast,,,,,,,, ;D