Main Menu

Update

Started by xjchad, December 17, 2020, 08:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Hey guys,
I'm sorry for being absent for so long!  I have checked in occasionally to see what's going on with you all.
We moved up to our new place in Coeur d'Alene Idaho on October 1st.  There has been so much to do besides moving that I never thought about when moving to another state.  DMV trips and phone calls, online forms, registrations, utilities, establishing residence, learning where everything is in the new town, and so on. We finally seemed to have settled in and then there was Thanksgiving and now Christmas coming.  So much extra to do on top of everything else.   I've also got some personal demons that I'm dealing with that been a struggle.

We love it up here!  The kids are taking to it like fish to water.  The space available to explore and play in the yard and forest has had an amazing affect on them versus the 10'x15' slab of concrete they had before.  They are thriving and loving all the outside time.  We are in a bit of a rural area about 10 minutes outside of town and it's awesome.  I love it and my wife is loving it too.  I was afraid that being a socal beach girl she'd have a hard time adjusting, but aside from learning to transition to shoes and boots from flipflops, she's loving it too.  There's such a different atmosphere here as opposed to socal.  People are friendly and considerate.  They wave and smile and look you in the eye.  There are people like that in socal for sure, but it's seems more like the norm rather that the exception.  The country up here is gorgeous!  I can't wait until I'm actually able to start exploring, hiking, fishing, and hunting. 

Here's a few pictures:

We're about 10 minutes to the east of CDA.

The house is small, but cozy and comfortable.  With all the room for the kids to be outside, it's not really an issue.

Us on the longest floating boardwalk at Lake Coeur d'Alene.

Halloween fun.

Our first snow was a good one!

Lots of wildlife right outside our door.

We got to go up into the national forest to hunt for and cut down our Christmas tree.

Which I had to trim down quite a bit to make it fit.

I've been working from home since we moved here, but our company is setting up a small office in town, so next month I'll move my work stuff over there.  That will give me a chance to reorganize my garage and start on some more projects.  I'll try to check in more often.  Miss you all!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Gfish

Chad! Good to hear from you! Great pictures.
Could your people be getting better looking? I think so.
My guess woud be that you were living life fully while you were out fishing in SoCal, but maybe not so much while not out and about. That's my experience anyway, with big city life. It looks to be much a fuller life in Nor-Idaho.
Might think about a smoker for when you get into them running kokanee salmon.
Are them turkey's aggressive? Got some bugling elk around you?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

swill88

Looks like paradise Chad.  Thanks for posting.
Steve

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Congratulations on the move Chad.  What a great place for the kids to grow up!

Rocket Dog

Way Coool!!! I haven't had to saw a fresh Christmas tree since I moved back to LA for up state NY. Enjoy and congrats on the move....

foakes

Thanks for checking in, Chad —

Great pictures — wonderful family photos!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Maxed Out

Awesome pics Chad. Nice to hear everyone is settling into the new surroundings. Welcome to God's country. If you need a hunting partner during elk season I'm only a few hours drive away  ;)

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

JoseCuervo

Tiddlerbasher

Lovely family - Lovely location - stay safe - be happy my friend - Merry Christmas :)

Crow

Tanks for checking in, Chad ! Looks like you've got a great place, there.....Thanksgiving / Christmas dinner "on the hoof" !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Swami805

So happy for you it's working out so well, looks like your own slice of heaven!  If it get back to Carp for work holler and we'll hit the Spot!
Hoping to see more pictures of your adventures!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

happyhooker

Best of luck & glad things have gotten off on the right foot.

Frank

Midway Tommy

Good for you, Chad! Even though there's an adjustment period it sounds like you and the rest of the family are enjoying the heck out of things! I'm happy for y'all!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mo65

Great to hear from you Chad...that looks like a wonderful place for your brood to grow up. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

El Pescador

Chad!!!

Good to hear from you!

Just last week, I was on this thread    https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=31631.0   wondering when Chad will be back online with any updates,

thought you might love the CDA area,

BTW, Jennifer and I will be back in Coeur d'Alene (CDA) next year  - Sept. 2021 - Jen's brother's home will be completed and they will be hosting an open house for all attendees.

IF... you have time, let's meet, enjoy a meal together, if you're up for that.

Let me know,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!