Main Menu

Some swimmers ...

Started by beachbob, December 18, 2020, 12:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beachbob

I built the plugs and a friend who is a professional air brush artist did all the finish work.  We had some fun and the plugs sure did catch us some fish.

5/21/15 ted in MA ...

"I caught this fish this morning 5/21 on my 9th cast! they are starting to come in now the water is 54 degrees so a little cool, the boat guys are getting them though, from shore its a little slow for keepers despite the reports which are rumors started by the bait stores to drum up business. the Cago lures are swimming perfect for me! for this fish I left the lure floating after it hit the water then twitched a bit for about 10 seconds then started a slow steady retrieve. fish was a 33" and unfortunately we can only keep 1 striper now in Mass so to avoid a warning or ticket for culling (trying to catch one bigger then giving the smaller away) I had to leave once I landed it. "

revolving spool reels and long rods ~ longbows and feathered shafts ~ guitars that sing and growl

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Brewcrafter

The plugs remind me of some old Heddons that I have, but the paint jobs you have here are BEAUTIFUL!!!  Those are some awesome looking plugs! - john

foakes

Those are too pretty to fish!

Great teamwork!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

Tiddlerbasher

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oldmanjoe

They are some good looking plugs , wish i could paint like that.......
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Hardy Boy

Those look great and the paint job is impressive to say the least.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

RUSTY OLD COLT

Beautiful lures , would be a shame to not make up some sort of a display for them..

gstours

Thanks for your pictures,  these and beautiful,  wow, great painting job.  And they catch fish 🎣.
   You can be proud of your job as well.    Very nice.   
      If you can or want to could you show us more pictures of the molding and painting process.
Thanks 🙏

Donnyboat

Really nice thanks Bob, very interesting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

Wow! Those fish did not have a chance with those lures.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

nothing like catching fish with your own gear call it a rod, lure or even a extremely mod reel

great times !!
The Baja Guy

happyhooker

How'd ya make the plugs?  Wood carved?  Plastic?  Look super.

Frank