Yo-zuri super braid?

Started by JasonGotaProblem, December 27, 2020, 04:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I bought a roll yesterday, spooled my BG2500 with it, and it seems like decent stuff. It worked very well in the test casts I threw but I haven't fought anything yet. It's very economical. Does anyone like or dislike this stuff? And if so, why?
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Swami805

I've put about a half a  dozen trips on a reel full of 30lb, It's worked well for me fishing 200-300' with jigs. Good stuff so far
Do what you can with that you have where you are

JasonGotaProblem

I'm running 10# on my BG2500 and it seems decent. But nothing was biting this weekend so I didn't get to fight anything on it. As such I'm hesitant to buy more for my other reel without a proper test or, at the minimum, hearing a few more positive opinions.

Rancanfish

If the Swami speaks, it is so.   ;D   I've been wanting to say that for a while.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on December 27, 2020, 04:31:34 PM
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I bought a roll yesterday, spooled my BG2500 with it, and it seems like decent stuff. It worked very well in the test casts I threw but I haven't fought anything yet. It's very economical. Does anyone like or dislike this stuff? And if so, why?
The braid is pretty good , but be careful not to mix another color braid with it or it will bleed colors  :)        I just had to do it !!!! ;D
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: oldmanjoe on December 29, 2020, 10:26:43 PM
Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on December 27, 2020, 04:31:34 PM
The braid is pretty good , but be careful not to mix another color braid with it or it will bleed colors  :)        I just had to do it !!!! ;D
Well played.

steelfish

Quote from: Rancanfish on December 29, 2020, 06:15:10 PM
If the Swami speaks, it is so.   ;D   I've been wanting to say that for a while.

haha, I know what you mean

our friend Swami is like yoda, when he speaks you should listen and pay attention... and learn!

so, Jason, you good to go with the J-braid

The Baja Guy

philaroman

that looks like white/uncoated YO-braid...  doesn't bleed at all  ;D ;D ;D

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are