Tib P21xn

Started by Bill B, December 27, 2020, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Completed my first custom build, can't believe it took so long to get around to it.  After seeing Jonathan's (theswimmer) P21XN on the Moro Bay trip, I knew what I wanted....guess I can blame him for this  ;D ;D.  My 3 boys all contributed parts for the build, I sprung for the frame kit, the boys bought all the rest, PC double dog bridge, PC handle and knob, CC gear sleeve eccentric and yoke, Maxed Out eccentric lever, and a donor reel.  Everything dropped right in and function was flawless.  I got lucky the donor reel had phosphorus coated steel main and stainless pinion.  So many specialized parts that work together is a testament to what everyone is doing to make these custom parts.  I ended up using the black plates from a JM in my stash of reels and was hoping the older maroon plates would fit on the newer black plate frame (not the Tib frame) but the maroon plates won't turn far enough to lock in ....now time for a trip to the tackle store for some braid and we are fishing....thank you to all who spent the time and energy to make these custom parts available. Also thank you to Randy from Vintage Offshore Fishing for making these frame kits available.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

CooldadE

Nice... I've got one I need to assemble. All the parts are in a box waiting on me... I need to get off my duff and just do it !

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Rancanfish

Congrats Bill.  I just picked mine up (on a pole still) in passing yesterday and smiled to myself.  Bad little machines for sure. (Used it rockfishing). 

I started out fishing saltwater with Jigmaster's and now I'm fishing with.....Jigmaster's, lol.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Swami805

Nice job Bill, looks good.  Rockfish opens again here in March, maybe we can get a trip in
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you for the plug Bill. That thing looks bulletproof!

Brewcrafter

That is a sweet looking build! - john

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Bill thats sweet! shoudlve sent me a pic whle I was freezing arse off in the woods! Did you get the slot dremeled in?

Maxed Out

Form and function all rolled up in this unassuming teensy jigmaster. Nicely done Sarge !
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bill B

Thank you all for the kind words.....

Sheridan I will be ready for March....heck I even have a new reel to get the skunk off....

John haven't dremeled it yet, next on my list....(I have an older JM handle plate that doesn't fit a newer JM ring, for those who are wondering 😉)

Mo not sure if I have you or Jonathan to blame for this build 🤔🤣🤣🤣

Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pjstevko

Bill that's a sweet little rig and it will serve you well......

I love my P21XN and wish I had bought a few more kits!

Rothmar2

Crow

Congrats on the sweet build !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

theswimmer

Great work Bill !
Needs a nick name , Black Beauty mayhaps ?

You know mine was a novelty purchase based on how much I enjoy and use my 349's /49 's .
I never dreamed that 'The Joker' would become one of my favorite reels . The timeless design of the  500 platform combined with braid and the new parts coming around have turned the Jigmaster  P21XN into a legend .
I just keep waiting for a multi color run option to see what kind of wild concoction I can come up with next !
Definitely a shallow water fav ...
Happy New Year  Everyone ,
Jonathan

PS
Whats next Bill ???
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Dominick

Nice work Bill.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.