SS eccentric lever knob

Started by kimopods, December 30, 2020, 05:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimopods

Aloha all,

Wondering if anyone has experience with the "press on" SS eccentric lever knobs. I have access to a press at work, and installation seems pretty straight forward, but wanted to hear any first hand advice/experience with doing this. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

James

RowdyW

Swami805

I remember ulua junkies used to sell those, they had instructions on their page, didn't look to hard with just vice grips or something
There's a guy on eBay selling them, mucho$$$ though
Should be easy with a press
Do what you can with that you have where you are

RowdyW

Cortez Conversions has the entire one piece lever w/knob for Penn's & Newell's.

kimopods

Quote from: RowdyW on December 30, 2020, 05:36:55 PM
Cortez Conversions has the entire one piece lever w/knob for Penn's & Newell's.
BCDA7-CE0-7-CDE-44-E9-9-B8-A-81-F9-F4-B5-E8-A1" border="0
158426-CC-ABE7-4-BEC-B37-A-27809-B7495-A6" border="0
I've checked cortez conversions website time to time for months, but they have always been out of stock which leads me to wonder if they are still being produced? Maybe I'm just unlucky and haven't managed to catch them when they are in.

kimopods

Quote from: Swami805 on December 30, 2020, 05:10:42 PM
I remember ulua junkies used to sell those, they had instructions on their page, didn't look to hard with just vice grips or something
There's a guy on eBay selling them, mucho$$$ though
Should be easy with a press
Yeah 20 bucks a pop on ebay. Don't mind paying the $20, but would be bummed if I can't even manage to assemble it. Might just have to bite the bullet and give it a try.

Only reason is my graphite topped knob has a crack in it already  :-\

Sulla

I've done it a couple times. It's pretty straight forward. My only advice would be to make sure you use a rag or piece of leather when pressing the knob in the vice. On the first one I did the rag I used had a hole and the ss knob and need up having a slight dent to it. Not to. Pro I left but not perfect as well. It came out better the second time using leather to protect direct metal to metal contact.

Bryan Young

Aloha Kimo,

Cortez Conversions have the one piece Jack levers in Stock. See https://www.cortezconversions.com/product-page/newell-500-series-jack-handle if you bugger the knob up.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D