Inspired by Sal

Started by Maxed Out, December 31, 2020, 11:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Alex, That looks like a nice day on the water with the proper gear and some good company. Sal never just sent anyone what they expected... he always exceeded expectations.
Mo, She is a beauty with some real backbone, and yes, Sal was a big fan of the surfmaster series.
Thanks Sal,
Dom

gstours

Inspired by Sal.....  Heres a quote.

That looks like a nice day on the water with the proper gear and some good company. Sal never just sent anyone what they expected... he always exceeded expectations.  
  Butt who would have ever expected Male Bait Boys, and Topless New Yorkers on my boat ever?????

Shown front row and center is the Tank.   One of Sals creations that will be remembered as making a good reel Great,
   Even tho Sal is not here with us today his reel will keep on fishing.........   Tanks Sal.

broadway

Is that picture even legal? Dominooch, where's that pink speedo?
The "tank" is a legend round here... again, thanks Sal and Dominick.
Keep 'em coming, crew
Best,
Dom

gstours

If Sal was here we could hold court,   Mabee like in the late news,  its the use of the word, or out of context, oar ??
       Dominooch might be a slang word??   Butt what would it mean??   Butt then as its been said ,   if you saw it in the news,  its gotta be true!!!     Sal wanted us to go and test our stuff.   He also thought if you break it,  now you know.   I miss that old school philosophy that seems to be lost in an age of what we are becoming.....

Dominick

Hey Gary that was a classic calling Wayno a Male Bait Boy.  He proved to be a master baiter.  ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

well played counselor, well played indeed :)

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on February 10, 2021, 02:20:23 AM
Hey Gary that was a classic calling Wayno a Male Bait Boy.  He proved to be a master baiter.  ;D Dominick

ALAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

thorhammer

Wayne, i tried to find a moderator to moderate. Only one I could find was Dominic  ;D ;D ;D ;D

El Pescador

You know, it is like the old saying...

"You can PICK your nose,

BUTT you CAN'T PICK your Friends"!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Donnyboat

yes Wayne & you cant pick your relation, like water of a ducks back to Wayne, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

Quote from: thorhammer on February 10, 2021, 01:40:16 PM
Wayne, i tried to find a moderator to moderate. Only one I could find was Dominic  ;D ;D ;D ;D

:D ;D :D ;D  Dominick

Quote from: El Pescador on February 10, 2021, 01:31:31 PM
Quote from: Dominick on February 10, 2021, 02:20:23 AM

ALAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:'( :'( :'( Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Penn Chronology

You go through life and meet many people. Most people are good people, they come and go into your life leaving their mark. Some are memorable and others are not so memorable, The mark that Sal left for me is burned into my heart forever. Sal gave me a simple gift that could have only come from him and he referred to me in an Italian way that I never expected. He made me a handle for a Penn 349, the handle he made me was made from Olive Wood, which has a special meaning in itself. He included a letter with the gift and at the end of the letter he called me Micheluccio. In Italian, that way of saying my name is a very special term of endearment that is saved for only people you are very close to. I did not feel like I deserved the way he felt about me, but that was Sal. He had a way of making you know you were special to him. Sal's memory is with me forever and his gift is on the wall next to my computer, I sit next to his olive wood handle every day. I put the handle on a special cradle reel combo that I will never sell. Sal's mark is deep.

Benni3

The whole set up looks fabulous and the handle is the final touch,,,,,,, :o

Bill B

Mike, this is a kick right to the "feels".  Sal means many things to many of us.....and I am sure Cathy knows best of all.  Cathy you and Sal are always in the back of my mind.....most do not know, but my grand parents immigrated from Florence, Italy in the 30's, my father was born in Canada as they waited to come to America.  This makes me the first US born on his side of the family.  I feel a real kinship with my Italian brothers...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!