D.A.M. QUICK SCHEMATICS — Factory Service & Part Number Shop Manual

Started by foakes, January 01, 2021, 08:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

This post is stickied and re-titled —

Thanks for all of the interest, teamwork, and ideas.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sandbar

Thanks Fred
Thanks Henry
I downloaded the zip file and renamed each image
Here it is.

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: sandbar on January 02, 2021, 04:11:35 PM
Thanks Fred
Thanks Henry
I downloaded the zip file and renamed each image
Here it is.

lol............

REEL MINDS THINK ALIKE ............
I was in the middle of doing the same thing . I dnld all those last night and just qiuckly posted them Thank You .
Saves a lot of work for all of us .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Midway Tommy

Quote from: foakes on January 02, 2021, 03:04:42 AM
Already emailed 13 sets of these to members this afternoon.

However it works for you is good —

I have (5) factory service and parts manuals.

Just wanted to preserve them better — and also be able to lay them flat without getting grease all over the pages.

This is just what I put together, that will work pretty well for me, I believe.

Plastic clear sleeves, an old binder.

When you print them — change to a pdf — then scale the size to fit a 8.5 X 11 piece of paper — and that's it!

Best, Fred

You copied my idea, Fred!  ;D I've had my ABU Zebco & ABU Cardinal Schematics bound in plastic sleeves in a 3 ring binder for at least 10 years. It sure keeps them clean, legible  & in good condition.  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

swill88

Milan S

Thanks Fred!!!
Thanks Henry!!!
Grat job!
Thanks so much for these!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Milan S on January 06, 2021, 07:39:41 AM
Thanks Fred!!!
Thanks Henry!!!
Grat job!
Thanks so much for these!

AND THANKS SANDBAR for labeling them properly!
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

sandbar

Joe had asked for this information in PDF format.

I did a little work on it and added the 238, 248 and Super 275 Two Speed schematics, the converted them to PDF format in another Zip File.
I also did some straightening and cropping of the JPEG's to clean them up a bit before I converted them to PDF files.
In the PDF format you can open them up, click "Edit",
select " Take a Snapshot", then highlight and print the area you highlight. That way I get a much larger picture of the Schematic portion in landscape form.
It's much easier on these old eyes.
I've attached the two new zip files.

Thanks
-Steve

foakes

Thanks, Steve!

We certainly have some helpful and knowledgeable folks on our site!

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

dlrider

Quote from: foakes on January 13, 2021, 06:51:40 PM
Thanks, Steve!

We certainly have some helpful and knowledgeable folks on our site!

Best, Fred

And generous.

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

sandbar

alcesgigas

First post on this site.  What a great find today; got it from Erik @ CFdrag.  Sure appreciate.  I'm thinking about installing carbon drrag disks in my 1969 (or was it 1959?) Super.  Lost the rod stand years ago, but made one when I lived in the Arctic.  Looks weird--made from a 1/2x13 allen head SS bolt and a piece of SS tubing.  The reel is as good as it ever was, maybe better!  I'll attempt to attach a photo.
And Fred please send me that Quick DAM Sunam bonum.  Sure great of you to do this; thanks.

foakes

Welcome aboard, alcesgigas —

The schematics are made available by Steve (sandbar) — about (5) post above this one.

You will see a couple of downloadable links.

* JPEG D.A.M. Quick Schematics 2021.zip (11912.92 KB - downloaded 48 times.)
* PDF D.A.M. Quick Schematics 2021.zip (11979.32 KB - downloaded 54 times.)

It looks like your 1959 era 270 Super will work OK with your great triage fix —

Not trying to sell anything — but if you would want a new housing, stand, cone screw, and bail spring to bring it back to original — I have a set.  $25 + $5 shipping.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.