Field testing a Tiagra 16 on the Maiko

Started by gstours, January 03, 2021, 06:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

As shown it was the start of a great fishing day as the sun in the early morning was breaking up the cloudy fog down low on the water.
     I took my buddy Ken this day and anchored on a slope with an ebbing tide.  Our hope was a nice halibut this day and I was planning on using a used reel I found on e-bay that I had worked over.   We got a chance before our eyes,  and the reel got a spin in both directions.
  The Shimano Tiagra 16 to me needed a newer longer crank arm and larger grip, and now is just about the perfect reel for my fishery and hope to try it again this summer.    Be safe,  until we can fish again.....       gst.
      This spot is marked now on my gps ;)

Dominick

Gary, I saw Ken measure the fish with the gaff or harpoon.  Do you remember the length?  Did you estimate the weight with your Butt chart?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

54bullseye

Gary that was a giant !! Beautiful fish !!!  I am so jealous of your fishery up there I hope someday I get to try it ! Thanks for the video.  John Taylor

Donnyboat

Nice fish Gary, how were we supposed to see that great handle with your paw rapped around it or your wrist in the way, Nice to get some new marks on the GPS, even if you only fish them every 5 months or so, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

gstours

Dominick and others;  The fish was a dandy for us,  I find it very difficult to measure fish in the water,  especially at an angle or away from arms reach.   I,d be wrong to even guess....  Ive taken a few pictures thru time and just being there it the best memory even tho that will fade.
   The head mount camera has some great features,  like I,m not lying. ;D            gst
          Quit wishin,  just go fishin.     Happy New Year.

gstours

When i,m on my best behaviour I take Mary Jo,  she has all the luck. :-*

gstours

When I,m on loading the Red Cooler special care is my respect for this old 🚮 igloo  Sometimes it's heavy butt like the old adage " it,s not heavy,  it's my brother.  😘🤦‍♀️🦑🐙📸👌.........