SW Florida winter 2021......

Started by pjstevko, January 08, 2021, 11:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

On Sunday I fly down to SW Florida (Naples) for a month long prescribed fire work assignment at Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge ( https://www.fws.gov/refuge/florida_panther/ ). I worked there for a long time before I moved west in 2014 and still have plenty of friends and family in the area. The Refuge Complex has over 10,000 acres they want burned before April so I'll be real busy but I'll be fishing every chance I get when not working. Having lived in the area for years I've got plenty of shore based spots to fish that hold everything from bass to snake head to snook to tarpon and even peacock bass! This will be an ongoing report to see if I can best last year's numbers of 49 total fish and 12 different species! I expect to catch my first fish within hours of landing so stay tuned......

Benni3

Bill B

Be safe brother...looking forward to the reports...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

nelz

I wonder how the peacocks will fare in Sunday's cold front, supposed to be pretty severe by FL standards.

pjstevko

I've been in the area for a few days but haven't spent any real time fishing but a friend and i are heading out tomorrow on his flats boat. We're hoping to run into sunning redfish and snook on a couple mud banks. We'll have spinning and fly gear with us just to be safe in case the wind picks up and we can't throw the long rod....

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

Rigged up and ready to find redfish!

pjstevko

This morning my friend Connor got me my very first redfish on fly, and then another one! We ended the day landing 4 slot redfish and blew shots at about 6 others.......Stay tuned for video of the eat....

thorhammer

that pic is what its all about! nice work brother!

oc1

JasonGotaProblem

Do bear in mind the catch n release only regulation for snook, sea trout, and redfish from Gordon pass all the way up to the Pasco hernando line. So make sure coming outta naples you head south not north to target those species or you may meet a very grumpy FWC officer.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

pjstevko

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on January 16, 2021, 08:01:35 PM
Do bear in mind the catch n release only regulation for snook, sea trout, and redfish from Gordon pass all the way up to the Pasco hernando line. So make sure coming outta naples you head south not north to target those species or you may meet a very grumpy FWC officer.
We were fishing south of Chokoloskee but thanks for that reminder...

Benni3

Great job man,,,,, ;) what top shot line is that,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !