Today & Tomorrow Bench Work

Started by foakes, January 13, 2021, 02:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Worked on Penn Charters for the last couple of weeks — done for now.

Started in on the backlog of client spinners this morning — got the backlog down to below 50 — not counting new builds for folks from New Old Stock parts.

Full restores on a DAM Quick 110 Microlite, 110N Microlite, 220, & an old S.W. 68.  The S.W. 68 and the 110 still had the original factory grease and had never been broken open since they were assembled in Germany.  The SW68 in 1954 & the 110 in probably around '68.  The other 2 had serious rust and wear issues.  However, they should turn out fine with a few new parts, full disassemble, cleaning, and new wrinkle paint.

I will post finished photos in a couple of days.

Also building a 265 Microlite for the same client.

In between, I am doing an old Mitchell 301 (crank on the right for left-handed anglers) in a little different manner.  Painting the reel with Cerakote light Olive Drab.

I will post a few pics of before and after in the Mitchell section.

Take a look at the thickness, strength reinforcing, and materials in the old S.W. 68 — opposing bail springs on both sides of the bail, bronze gears, German Silver parts.  Looks strange to a lot of folks — but it is built as tough as they come.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rivverrat

Just something about the 68 that tickles my fancy. Not a reel one can push. However if one can accept it is heavy for what it is & needs to be used with lite line you most likely will get along fine with a 68... Jeff