49'er Reef Caster

Started by Gfish, January 16, 2021, 01:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

last ones

Note:  all the single foot guides have what its call a "locking wrap", which is a normal wrap but when you are about to finish to wrap the leg you made some wraps on the foot of the guide but only on around the guide not over the blank, then continue with some more normal wraps over the blank and the guide, the idea is to have a "lock" on the guide to preventing from sliding away from the thread on an unfortunate hit on the rod, with those wraps just on the guide it keep it attached to the rest of the thread on a lateral hit.
its not much visible on the pictures but hey, that was the idea LOL

The Baja Guy

steelfish

Quote from: Gfish on January 16, 2021, 02:45:39 AM

Alex, I think the postal inspectors got to us though....... They probably pulled it out( the right way thankfully) then twisted it back in. It was still real tight when I got it. The cap? Probably lost in the first P.O. It was shipped from---zip - 92231 - Calexico?
I was told and aware that I cannot leave the tube with both caps taped and secured so, I cut the end where the butt of the rod was and put extra tape on the cap with the tip LOL, forcing the guys on the postal office to open the tube on the cap that already had the cuts on the tape, too bad they forgot to put it back, first PO was calexico, Ca.

Quote from: Gfish on January 16, 2021, 03:05:06 AM
,,,,. Maybe a Raiders themed rod next?

that would be a cool one.
The Baja Guy

Gfish

Ok. Cool. Great pictures. Sometimes the old I-pad just don't work well.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bill B

Outstanding Amigo !  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

Glad my man Bill brought this back up- that's a SWEET build, gents!

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Tiddlerbasher

Alex - beautiful work amigo :)

Rivverrat

Nice build & theme work Alex !... Jeff

steelfish

thanks Chris and Jeff,

if that rod were mine it would've been built with a Redskins theme   ;D ::)
The Baja Guy