Limited Edition New Style Handle Arms

Started by Maxed Out, January 17, 2021, 01:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Here are a few cortez jigmaster reels sporting the new blades
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

Almost forgot Henry asking about length. Overall length is just under 4" end to end. The distance between holes can be seen here. The 2 hole 113H blade and the 3 hole jigmaster blade and compare where the new blade hole lines up with those stock Penn blades we are all familiar with. The new blades are all same length and hole spread (113h and jigmaster). Also note how thick and beefy these new blades are. Color match is spot on as these were anodized by Toms plater

rogan

I received three blades from Ted after a long, post office induced wait. It was worth the wait. The blades are simply amazing. A couple quick shots of them after opening the package. And yes, they are cat approved!

rogan

I got one 4/0 sized handle and two jigmaster sized handles. First up was the 4/0 handle on a PG545. Matched to Alan's 3/0 handle and it's a perfect match. Much better than the original counter balanced handle. Ted was totally correct when he said these blades were "just the right length". The original handle blade was too short.

rogan

I finished up the installs with a PG255 and PG2500
I thought the blade would be too large for the 255, but I was wrong, it made my favorite reel even better. The blade looks fantastic and it's so strong and solid. On the 2500, i have installed a stainless gear sleeve, and the fit between parts was super precise, only a thousands clearance and as before, the reel feels rock solid.

Ted, thank you for making these available to us.

thorhammer

That's a sweet battery of reels! These blades are cherry, and as you said very tight tolerance- I tap mine on with a rubber mallet and know with confidence I'm not rounding off anything in use.

Maxed Out

Nicely Done Rogan, sweet reels and thanks for your review of the new blades. No surprise Thor uses a mallet to get the blade seated onto the sleeve lol. It's part of being Thor and staying close to his name sake.

I personally just smack it on using the handle of a screwdriver. Tight is how we like it. Nobody likes a sloppy sleeve !!

Best part is approval from your furry friend !!

Thanks again, Ted

thorhammer

Can you post the jiggy pic I sent you? I'm having some photogrammitical Mcchallenges at the present time.

RowdyW

Ted, I would like two handles for the 113H. One red & one silver. PM me.       Rudy

Maxed Out

Hey Rogan, I just bought a bunch of tapered screws that also fit Alan's knobs and will sit flush on my blade. I'll send you 3 for your reels.

thorhammer

hey bud, what's the scoop on the screws? need some. I have one or two of your blades :)

McMaster? immabout to place an order for some other stuff.

Maxed Out

Quote from: thorhammer on February 12, 2021, 04:10:57 PM
hey bud, what's the scoop on the screws? need some. I have one or two of your blades :)

McMaster? immabout to place an order for some other stuff.

Hi John, I can send you some screws if you need be.

The screws are very common

"SS PHIL MACH SCREW 18-8....10-32 ×1/2 FLAT HEAD

thorhammer

As luck would have it, I also need some M5's, and Fastenal is in my 401 North orbit to Cabela's, AgriSupply, lunch at Alehouse, Lowes, two pawn shops and a partridge inna pear tree. Three bucks worth of screws might be 300 when I get home.....

ProMariner

Ted,
Just got home from my extra long hitch on the boat today (3 weeks longer than planned) to find the arm waiting for me. Its beautiful, thank you!

-John

handi2

I wish Ted had the time and availability to make all of the Penn reel upgrades. His stuff is always top notch!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL