Fishing rod and reel repair, NW Oregon coast

Started by retiredandfishing, February 03, 2021, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredandfishing

Thought that I would post my business here after starting it last year.  Wanted to make sure the business was a go before doing so.

My business name is Steve's fishing reel repair and maintenance, located at 6390 McCoy Ave, Bay City, Oregon.  Just south of Garibaldi Oregon, home of the Tillamook bay hogs. Phone number is 503-583-4439. Website address is https://sss5358.wixsite.com/website.

I service all makes and models of fishing reels and do rod guide and seat repair and rebuilds as well.

I turned my large storage building into a reel and rod repair shop and have been fortunate enough to secure regular business from the guides and charter services around the area as well as many of the local fishermen.   

Here are my current rates.

Reel service - (Includes complete tear down, cleaning and lubrication) $20

Reel repair - An additional $5 per reel plus cost of parts

Rod guide and seat repair - $8 per guide and $6 for a reel seat repair.

A discount of 10% if given on any multi reel or multi guide service. 

This is a veteran owned and operated shop and I give all Veterans a free reel service upon request.

Want to thank Alan and all the great people on this website for their help and patience that have been shown to me the past few years. Your help has been priceless in helping me gain a knowledge of reel repair and continues to be my main source of information and help.

The business has been as successful as I planned it to be and seems to be headed for a pretty good year this year as well. If you are ever in my vicinity feel free to drop in. I can do emergency rod and reel repairs upon request.   

Thank you.  Steve

foakes

Thanks for posting this information, Steve —

It all sounds good!

And I wish you all the best with your new business endeavor.

If you get stuck on any parts you cannot locate for DQ, Penn, or Mitchell Spinning reels — let me know — I might be able to help.

We took a tour of the Tillamook cheese factory a few years ago — fascinating!

And their ice cream is fantastic!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

:) Good luck and keep some time for fishing !!!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Cor

Cornelis

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

sciaenops

Have some friends who are right around the corner in Oceanside.  Beautiful part of the world.  And yeah Fred, Tillamook ice cream is for real.

Good luck w/the biz.

Dominick

Yay! for Steve's Reel repair business and double yay for Tillamook ice cream.  Delicious stuff.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

I've a bit of family there in Tillamook stuck with some shabby riverfront property there on the Wilson.  Love the place. 

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on February 06, 2021, 04:10:03 AM
Yay! for Steve's Reel repair business and double yay for Tillamook ice cream.  Delicious stuff.  Dominick

Steve!!!!

Tillamook Ice Cream IS THE BOMB!!!!!

We enjoyed a dish of the Strawberry Flavor Tillamook Ice Cream during our first visit to Gustavus, AK, and our week with Gary the BUTT MAN and Mary Jo!!!!

Last night of our stay, Mary Jo served up a dish of ice cream with WILD Strawberrys she picked from the wilderness forest behind their home.

The flavor of just ONE wild Strawberry is equal to 10 storebought ones.

Delicious.

Good luck with your rod and reel repair business.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!