"Outside The Box"

Started by Maxed Out, February 17, 2021, 12:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Thinking "outside the box" is how I roll sometimes to keep things interesting. Not that there's anything wrong with what's already available, like Alan's killer knobs. I'm sending Hardy Boy a couple blades, and took it upon myself to add knobs to them. One with Alan's knob and one with my knob. I'm certain we will hear from Todd about his thoughts on the flexible knob, and Alan's knob, along with pics of halibut, lings and black cod.  I can only dream of living the "hardy boy" life, cause I'm stuck in Puget sound  ;)

The foam knob does have a 2.5" inner aluminum core. The rest is all foam. The foam knobs are hand made one at a time by yours truly
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Hardy Boy

All I can say is Wow !! I'm looking forward to trying the flex handle. Reports to follow. Looks like 2021 is already a vast improvement over last year !!  :D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

steelfish

flexible knob, thats pretty interesting
The Baja Guy

mo65

Great idea Ted...could be the final word in handle comfort. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

milne

Ted, Those handles look superbly comfortable I must say.
       Looking forward to the feedback...
      Brilliant Sir...

Col

mhc

Someone once told me we need to think outside the box because that's where we are. I'm not saying you're outside the box Ted  :) but it's good to see you thinking outside the established norm. It'll be interesting to see Todd's report - how do they feel in your hand?

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Maxed Out

Quote from: mhc on February 18, 2021, 08:45:03 AM
Someone once told me we need to think outside the box because that's where we are. I'm not saying you're outside the box Ted  :) but it's good to see you thinking outside the established norm. It'll be interesting to see Todd's report - how do they feel in your hand?

Mike

Hi Mike,

It's the exact opposite of a standard knob. It takes a bit to get used to the differences. The foam knob actually grips to my hand, which in turn requires less pressure when gripping. The foam also has excellent memory and also stays dry as water beads off. Easy to clean with soap and water. Can also use sandpaper to remove any stains. I fished one foam knob for 2 full seasons(about 100 days of fishing) and am so used to foam knob, all others feel like solid granite LOL

I do have parts coming soon and will be able to make a few for the Ohana
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Hardy Boy

I mounted the handle on my 113h extra narrow. Loaded it up with fresh 80 lb so its ready to go. The handle assembly is nice and light and the knob is very comfortable plus it looks great. Now to try it on some fish. Hats off to Ted !! The other handle will go on another 113h when its albacore time.

Cheers

Todd
Todd