Ocean City Smoothkast 88

Started by joesquid, February 20, 2021, 03:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joesquid

I recently picked up a OC 88 that's in pretty good shape except a couple things.  It is missing a right stand screw.  Tried a couple spares I have on hand for Penns but it is smaller diameter than anything I have.  I believe the handle is incorrect (aluminum) and
I know the handle nut is wrong.  Any idea where I can find parts?  Appreciate any help.

alantani

i don't have an organized inventory of these parts.  hopefully someone here will.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oldmanjoe

Can you post a picture  .   Do you have a good hardware store near you  ,like a ace hardware .   They have small ss screws and acorn nuts .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

oc1

If you like the reel and will make a long term commitment to it then just buy a parts reel or two.  On something like that, if Fred doesn't have it then nobody in the world will have it.

Jimmer

Might want to check with Dominick.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Dominick

Post a picture of the reel.  Jimmer sent me a bunch of parts but I have no way of knowing the size of the screw.  I may have the screw but not the handle.  If you know the part number, I will check.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Wompus Cat

Here is a Smooth Cast 88 on E-Bay

E-bay Ocean City 88

And here are pics of the 2 diff sizes
https://oldreelcollectors.com/gallery/medium_1-200221133209-3412236.jpeg

the Reel uses short in Foot Frame  Long in cross bars
you can buy that reel prob for what it might cost to get parts for yours .....just sayin
I would make the guy an offer because the right side plate is Fubarred .
Everything else looks pretty good on that reel especially the Handle.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Wompus Cat

Here is a Model 81 that you can rob the handle /nut and screws prob for a lot less .

CHEAP Model 81
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

joesquid

Thanks for all the help fellas!  I'm thinking just picking up a cheap parts reel might be the way to go.  It's not an expensive reel.  Might check the hardware store as well.  I did find the part number...it is 54-H.  Thanks again....I'm blown away by the response!

Dominick

Quote from: joesquid on February 20, 2021, 10:36:08 PM
Thanks for all the help fellas!  I'm thinking just picking up a cheap parts reel might be the way to go.  It's not an expensive reel.  Might check the hardware store as well.  I did find the part number...it is 54-H.  Thanks again....I'm blown away by the response!

I just checked, sorry no 54-H.  It looks like you are a new member.  Don't be blown away.  That is the way this site is.
Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

joesquid

Yep...brand new.  Thanks for looking for me Dominick.  I think I'm gonna like it around here!