Columbian no. 61

Started by mark Hill, March 01, 2021, 01:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark Hill

You don't have to open it up on my account... I would just be that much more angrier if it was made from a solid hunk-o-brass!  ;D                                 
And yes that is a an old Coriolis you spotted in the mix and I believe it's in pretty decent shape. I have a couple newer reels that are left handed models. I was trying to convert to lefty reel to see if I could save a little time casting. I picked it up pretty fast for an old dog, but i'm not sold on switching over yet. I do plan on taking individual pictures of all of my reels and I will share them in here for discussion. I have no idea how many reels I have so it will be helpful for a count and to make up a inventory folder. I have a bunch of 1980's and 1990's baitcasters...as well as a bunch of vintage reels and spinners.
"Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, and he will start collecting and refurbishing old reels"

oc1

There are some gems in there.  Mark, is that a silver first generation shimano calcutta in the upper right corner on the tote top?  Those are getting pricy in Japan now.

mark Hill

Just a quick update on my sudden absence... The little Columbian #61 is still sitting on my bench in pieces...untouched. One of my good friends and fellow vintage motocross bike collectors was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I have been placed in charge of selling off his collection of 80+ vintage motorcycles to pay medical expenses (I'm now down to the last 2 bikes) so with all that, as you can imagine. my reel work has been put on hold. We have some real good warm days coming in the next few days here in Michigan and the one goal he mentioned in our fishing talk was that he has always wanted to catch a monster pike 40in plus...and God willing, I am going to make that happen for him!!! Thanks everyone, and I will see you all soon. OH! and PS. that is a 1st year Shimano Calcutta.  Here's a great old photo (I found online) of much simpler times out on the water....enjoy. Mark.
"Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, and he will start collecting and refurbishing old reels"

oc1

Cool photo.  Everything about it is cool, right down to the seat cushion.  Sorry about your friend.  Hope he catches that fish.