6x12 Floating Dock(Rail Ideas?)

Started by jgp12000, August 02, 2020, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Quote from: jgp12000 on November 26, 2020, 01:35:49 PM
I believe the yellowjackets flew the coupe.I just got these Hercules chairs and some cupholders from Amazon, these resin chairs have a 1000lb rating, are comfortable, and do not take up alot of room.Now I just need to fish and test out the cupholders...

I'm sorry, this is not a floating dock... But a floating, Missouri River fishing platform... Many hillbillies like myself would much rather fish from such a craft than bass boat. Far more useful... Jeff

Ron Jones

My kind of comfort. I agree with the shade recommendation. A T top or bimini would be very nice on hot days.

However you dress it up, looks like fun.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Gfish

I'd opt for a tiny table/umbrella(fold-down) and collapsible chairs.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Ron Jones

Quote from: Gfish on March 05, 2021, 07:53:12 PM
I'd opt for a tiny table/umbrella(fold-down) and collapsible chairs.

Oh yeah, one of those clamp on boat or picnic umbrellas would be perfect! Clamp it to a pole you hang a lantern from at night, and you have the whole day covered.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

jgp12000

I retired a week ago and the crappie are turning on in the pond. I have a 55lb/42" thrust TM on the barge and it moves out pretty quick even with 4 adults. I am glad I got it ready before retiring, it's nice to be able to just get on it and take off no launching. Reminds me of flipper if you guys are old enough to remember, Bud and Sandy had a boat in the water ready to take off whenever...I added 2 more rod holders and of course another beverage holder. 

Gfish

Cool! My uncle had one, store bought. Lots of fun for the adult gang at the Lake, but too much drinking going on. Once, messing with Grandpa, uncle sneaks up behind him, starts bouncing the front end while going full speed to scare gramps, and almost tipped me and the whole gang into the drink. Grandpa's least favorite son-in-law.
The youngest kid on Flipper had a misplaced, strong NY accent: "Flippah, flippah!", and none of the other characters had a Floridian accent. I think that show gave me a false sense of the intelligence of Dolphins. Probably did alot to set people up, who've never even been around wild Dolphins, or even the ocean, for the Greenpeace thing.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!