Delrin washer for Squidder

Started by MQ1, March 07, 2021, 03:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MQ1

Where is a good place to source delrin washers for under the gear in a squidder? I have a 3 squidders I'm going through for me and my kids, and placing the Penn HT-100 washer under the gear is just too much stack.

MQ1

alantani

not sure who has them.  i still use a carbontex drag under the mail gear.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

cmdrzog

Quote from: MQ1 on March 07, 2021, 03:23:27 PM
Where is a good place to source delrin washers for under the gear in a squidder? I have a 3 squidders I'm going through for me and my kids, and placing the Penn HT-100 washer under the gear is just too much stack.

MQ1

I have the delrin washers, comparing them to the ht-100s they seem the same or a bit thicker.  I would gladly put them in an envelope and mail out tomorrow , if you want them.. PM your address.
Bob

MQ1

Interesting. I will literally lock the gears if I snug the screws to a normal amount. I did not think there was much difference in thickness between the old washers and the new...maybe a job for the micrometer 😂

MQ1

MQ1

cmdrzog,

Thanks for the offer...let me take a little closer look at where the extra thickness is coming from first, I don't want to waste your goodwill on my lack of detail.

MQ1

MQ1

Well, I think the problem was because I was using the wrong drag washers. I've ordered the right kits from Smoothdrag and am now just waiting for them to get here.

Bob, I'd still like to buy 3 of the delrin washers if you have them available. I'll send you a pm to follow up.

MQ1

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: MQ1 on March 07, 2021, 03:23:27 PM

MQ1

I believe Ken, his handle is "whittierte" has washers for Newells. They should work for you. He's a member here, too.

Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

MQ1

I appreciate the help. Special thanks to Bob, who has insisted on sending me the needed washers at no cost. So many of the people who frequent this board are truly amazing.

MQ1

MQ1

Bob,

I received your Delrin washer kits and the Smoothdrag kits today. 30 minutes later I had all the new parts greased and in place, and now I'm ready to service the other two with the help of my 11 year old son.

Thanks for all the help everyone! Line tomorrow...maybe test it fishing Sunday in the rain!

MQ1

Livermore, CA