Grind it?

Started by Gfish, March 08, 2021, 09:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

I usually use an Air chisel to break those loose if I can not use a torch to loosen the glue (locktight Crap ) or when  even the best factory Tool  strips out the damn thing and or I can't weld a nut to it .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

oldmanjoe

???     Hey G , You alright or are you stuck in the van ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Midway Tommy

Quote from: RowdyW on March 09, 2021, 06:02:58 AM
Get an acetelene torch and heat the nut red hot and quickly spin them out with a long handled 1/2" ratchet.     Rudy

Better pray the gas tank isn't anywhere close   :o , or you might end up in orbit with Elon's satellites.  :D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Gfish

Quote from: oldmanjoe on March 10, 2021, 07:30:18 PM
???     Hey G , You alright or are you stuck in the van ?

Ha! The van is one of 2 dry places outside of my house, now. Almost got stuck on my slightly sloped, drenched lawn tryin to go up for the HI-DMV safety inspection. And it has mud---"M/S" tires on it. Made it and the storm put out the state system at all insp. stations on the Island right before I got there. Gotta go again... Scared to tear-up the landlord's lawn any more. Just won't stop raining here. On the North end, Hanalei has a 1-week to remove slide blocking the hwy. and cutting-off the town. Weird weather so far this year. Most days here lately don't break 70 F.
Ok, thanks all for the great advice. 2 stripped-head-bolts and 6 never-touched-ones to go. Yeah Steve, I got a serious workout doin the others.
Man, Amazon has it ALL! Do I gotta go back to 'em? Stopped for political reasons but if they unionize some warehouses, may go back. Did get a new T55, but from Autozone. Will 1st try the grind-to-a-wrench-size thing. Then maybe heat.
One thing I failed at, was cleaning the 1/4" threaded ends sticking out the bottom of the frame. 10 yr. old vehicle from "Princeville Ranch Adventures". Good---only 51K miles, Bad--- dirt everywhere!
Sad to see them have to get rida their tourist trans. vehicle and they may go alla way under.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oc1

That's a big van.  Are you pulling all the seats out to carry your Kayak?

Right now, it's dryer in my truck than it is in the house.  The truck has heat too.  But, I think you guys got it worse this week.

Gfish

Yup. There was little rivers to cross on the roads and highway. Some folks were goin full speed through them. I spose that's what all those sirens were about.
Got my 12' space now. All the seats unclip from those bolted down brackets. Each one weighs roughly 100lbs., so it's now prolly only 6,000 lbs. "curb weight". What to do with the big 'ol bench seats?
Thought I checked everything, before pulling the trigger, but found the spare tire won't crank down and the jack was missing. Can't figure people out, the former owner/company say they never checked it out and I believe 'em. Why would anyone drive around without a functional spare tire system? All I gotta do is get that sucker down and store in in the back, a bottle jack is easy enough to buy...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bill B

G-man....those bench seats make great couches....especially in frat houses.... :-)
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Brewcrafter

Bill speaks wisdom - for the longest time I had a 3rd Row bench seat as a couch out in the Man Cave.  When I sold the vehicle however the seat was part of the package  :D - john

Gfish

Cool! Stack some cinder blocks on the tile floor and stick on top. Godda get rid a the 70's-too short-couch first. Nice hardwood construction, but too short and has that bright '70's multi-color motif. Bought a good old Benchcraft recliner several years ago. Lately it's been wiggling sidewise. Look underneath, rivets instead of bolts, cheap wood and too-thin metal.