Microlite Washer

Started by jgp12000, March 12, 2021, 01:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I was lubing my microlite this am and need to know where this washer goes if anyone knows ,I am searching the schematic now? Does washer(100102)go behind the worm wheel (100390)?

thank you,
James

foakes

It goes underneath the worm wheel, James —

When building the AR/Clicker & worm wheel assembly —

First the clicker dog, next the AR spring, then the spring keeper clip, then this little washer that the worm wheel rides on.

Unless it is somewhere else — I do not see the worm wheel slider bushing?

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jgp12000

The bushing is on there(dark pic) and I put the washer behind the worm wheel thank you Fred !

foakes

Oh...good, James —

These reels can get by without that tiny bushing.

It just means that the slider will wear out in 30 years instead of 60.  And there will be the tiniest amount of slop that only a reel tech would ever notice.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jgp12000

I am acquiring a Super next week when I go to Destin and will try it out off the pier/surf, good for stripers or flatheads here in GA.