Thread cleaning brushes

Started by Donnyboat, March 13, 2021, 12:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

I think I read on the forum here once, about thin brushes to clean the standard thread on Penn reels, can anyone touch on this subject thanks, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oldmanjoe

I din`t use anything special just old tooth brushes and a brass brush to clean the threads .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Donnyboat

Thanks Joe, I have all that gear, looking for something to fit into smaller thread holes, maybe something round, that I maybe able to place in the drill, to costly to by dies for each thread size, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

josa1

Hi Donny!,

Best thing I've found is tobacco pipe cleaners that are available in most smoke shops. I like the ones with a metal insert for aggressive cleaning.  There are ones without the metal bits in them also.  I keep a supply of both on hand.  Because of their construction they will fit into the smallest of screw holes.  Probably available on ebay also.

josa1

Donnyboat

Thanks Josa, sounds like your on the money with them, I will see if I can buy some, not that I am a smoker, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Brewcrafter

Mr. Don - I have to poke around, but in my reel cleaning kit I always keep a packet of disposable dental brushes that they sell here under the brand name GUM.  Really nice for aggressive fine work, and totally "disposable".  I think something like that may be what you are looking for. - john

Tiddlerbasher

The interdental brushes are also available under the brand name TEEPEE.

Donnyboat

Thanks everyone, I have ordered a pack of 50 disposable brushes, I could not find a set with the metal inserts, still surching, thanks to everyone with your suggestions, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat