Belt drive Daiwa

Started by Bloggsy, May 11, 2021, 11:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloggsy

Hi I have been looking at the Daiwa Leboritz S500J electric reel which is a JDM import but I notice that it has a belt drive and I am concerned about the longevity of this design. Has anyone had any experience good or bad with this type of drive?

alantani

i've had the daiwa tanacom 1000 and 750 apart.  there is no belt in those.  possibly double check a schematic, because i don't know where they would put a belt.  also, jdm reels are an absolute nightmare if something goes wrong.  and something always goes wrong......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bloggsy

I have a schematic but can't work out how to attach it to this message.

boon

Looking at the schematic it is definitely belt driven.

I don't know what to make of it. Chances are it would outlast many other important parts of the reel anyway...

Bloggsy

They claim that it gives quieter operation which I guess is logical but not really an issue I wouldn't have thought. I currently have 4 JDM electric reels 2 Daiwa and 2 Shimano the oldest 6 years old and other than service each year (in which I replace the bearings and "O" rings any way) I have not had any other problems. It is hard to go past the savings here in Australia.

Wolli

Yes, it has a belt drive

Part 52
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Bloggsy

Thank you that is the schematic that I also have :)