Micro Fishing

Started by jgp12000, March 15, 2021, 01:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I read about Micro Fishing awhile back and thought who would want to catch bait fish on a pole. I saw several 4-6" bass in my pond yesterday, and so this morning I tied on a small fly, small cork. and a bb shot lead. I threw some boost feed out and put a little piece of red wiggler on the fly. I caught a 2 " bream and a shiner. The shiner felt like a whale on the 2lb line! I put the bream on my catfish pole and let it sit while I showered, came back and had a 2lb speckle cat on the line. If anyone has any micro fishing stories to share please do?

oc1

Check out Tenkara fishing.  It's like micro fishing with all the expense of hunting big game.
-steve

steelhead_killer

Quote from: oc1 on March 15, 2021, 07:43:25 PM
Check out Tenkara fishing.  It's like micro fishing with all the expense of hunting big game.
-steve

So true!  Looks fun but...$
><)))">

Swami805

I go on a bi-monthly charter out of channel islands harbor and we'll kill a few hours fishing off the docks before hitting the bunks. 2- 4lb line ultra lite gear and we catch pretty much the same species we do at the islands only micro size. Calico and sand bass, barracuda, white seabass, rock fish and a few others. A tiny piece of Berkeley gulp seems to catch almost everything
Do what you can with that you have where you are

philaroman