Get a Grip !!

Started by Maxed Out, March 22, 2021, 07:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Just when I figured my days of "custom Penn parts" was winding down, along came Cortez Tom with a newly acquired CNC lathe. The price Tom quoted for my knob components was too good to turn down. Fast forward a couple months and I'm now making custom foam knobs again. Each knob takes about 25 minutes to prep the foam, and then glue in the inner log and end plugs. Then after curing, 30-40 minutes to shape by hand. My crippled hand cramps up after about 15 minutes, so gotta pace myself. I'm making a few that were pre ordered by members here, and will also be taking requests from the all forum members. These foam knobs will come installed on my custom blades. Sorry, I don't sell knob only. The foam knob with blade will be $50+$4 shipping

I still have plenty with Alans 3/0 knob with your choice of blades, also have a few stainless offset 113H penn assemblies (Penn knob) $45+4

Have a great day !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

AlasKen

These look great.  I am looking forward to seeing these.

broadway

The grey camo is taken :-*
Thanks Ted,
Dom

Maxed Out

Dom, yours will ship tomorrow

Wayne !!! yours is in the making and will ship tomorrow too

broadway

Looking forward to putting it On that pewter kit you had custom made and somehow wound up in my paws.
Can't wait for the SQUISH, ahh.
Thanks
Dom

mo65

Quote from: broadway on March 24, 2021, 02:31:51 AM
Looking forward to putting it On that pewter kit you had custom made and somehow wound up in my paws.

It will look awesome on that pewter kit! It's cool to see Ted and Tom working together. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Hardy Boy

I hate to say it: but I have gripped Ted's knob and I liked it !  :o

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Keta

Damn Todd, you Canadians are all crazy. ;D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

broadway

Totally agree, Mo! Tom and Ted is like Ben and Jerry ;)
Todd, you're not alone :-*
Best,
Dom

Maxed Out

Quote from: Hardy Boy on March 24, 2021, 09:42:32 PM
I hate to say it: but I have gripped Ted's knob and I liked it !  :o

Cheers:

Todd

I'll keep sending knobs as long as you keep sending wonderbars   ;)  ;)

steelhead_killer

Ted:  just got the 4/0 handle and knob. Top notch!  Awesome workmanship!  So comfortable in the hand. Thank you for another great product!!!

Andy
><)))">

Maxed Out

Thanks to you guys for the kind words.

It's been raining a lot, and a few wind storms as well, so I been making knobs to pass the time. Just want to show a few options, and difference in knob sizes. The jigmaster knobs I'm making are a bit shorter than the 113H knobs. If a person would like a large knob on a Jigmaster,squidder etc, that's ok too.

Remember, variety is the spice of life !!

Maxed Out

A few more shipped out today. One is for a silver/blue cortez yts. The tiny one is going to Thor for a special project.

I failed to mention that I do have a few sticks of ice blue foam, and also have a few camo colors

thorhammer

I got a goody-box from Ted yesterday that would make Santa Claus blush.....it's gonna take me a while to sort thru everything and get some build pics up, which I'm lookin forward to as I haven't really built anything in some months.

Ted is a prince among amen, and these handle / blades are sweeeeet.