Get a Grip !!

Started by Maxed Out, March 22, 2021, 07:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Theres the fat log, then the little bit bigger tapered knob.....then there's the Wompus Cat knob. I hope he wasn't being sarcastic when he said he has extra large hands !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broadway

He must have some mitt to fit that  one, but I like the different sizes and shapes.
The grey camo one feels like a perfect fit for my paw.
Love these soft grips, oh so cozy!
Thanks Ted,
Dom

Wompus Cat

Here is the Tederized Soft Touch Ergonomic Super  Super  Deluxe Handle on my Blue MAXED OUT REEL
I LOVE IT !
Terrible pictures but look at it Shine.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Wompus Cat

Quote from: broadway on April 11, 2021, 08:45:20 PM
He must have some mitt to fit that  one, but I like the different sizes and shapes.
The grey camo one feels like a perfect fit for my paw.
Love these soft grips, oh so cozy!
Thanks Ted,
Dom

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Maxed Out

Alan's 3/0 knob is also nice size for the Pro Gear reels. Another option is changing out the original knob with the foam log, using the original blade or a Maxed Out blade. These 3 are all Pro Gear 545's

Brewcrafter

Ted - I see in the original post (from last month) you mentioned having stainless 113H offset handles?  But I did not appear to see any in the photos.  I know it was awhile ago, but IF you still have any can I see a photo?  Thank you Sir! - john

Maxed Out

Quote from: Brewcrafter on April 22, 2021, 03:17:19 AM
Ted - I see in the original post (from last month) you mentioned having stainless 113H offset handles?  But I did not appear to see any in the photos.  I know it was awhile ago, but IF you still have any can I see a photo?  Thank you Sir! - john

Hello John, The original post from last month does have 2 of these handle assemblies in top center of pic. These offset handle/knob assemblies really are sweet and normal retail would be $70. According to Mystic website, these are "discontinued and no longer available". Truth is they never were available. All 113MTL parts were discontinued about 10 months after the reel made its debut in 2009. Only 1,000 113MTL reels were produced. Poor economy was the main driver for halting production of the MTL

Ted