Accurate Conversion 4/0 for Florida Middle Grounds

Started by ReelFishingProblems, March 25, 2021, 04:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems

EDIT: I meant to say it's an accurate 113HN
Thanks Dominick for moving this thread

Greetings all,

Looking for a quick question / azimuth check.

I'm heading out on a fishing trip to the Middle Grounds out of Florida in two weeks. I'm planning on bringing the following setups

1.) 114H w/ Tib Frame and Motive Fab drag insert on a custom acid wrapped rod by Thorhammer
    85 lb braid with a 100lb mono topshot

2.) T4NI w/ full guts by Pro Challenger on a Biscayne Rods (not much known about it, but feels like a 50-80 lb rod, who knows)
     65lb braid with 50lb topshot

3.) Accurate 113HN with SS 4:1 gears and SmoothDrag CF washers on a Okuma Cedros 601H jigging rod
    65 lb braid with 80lb topshot

4.) Accurate Squidder Magnum w/ full guts from Pro Challenger on a Shimano Trevala Medium power rod
    50lb braid with 30lb topshot

I am only going to bring 3 setups, I was thinking of the T4NI instead of the 113HN since it is only 100ft deep and the T4NI is fully tanked. I want to bring the Squidder Magnum in case we are mostly in Mangrove / Yellowtail snapper. I want the 114H in case we are into monster grouper or AJs. I do not have any modern reels except smaller surf casting setups.

Hoping for a sanity check

Nick

ReelFishingProblems

Will a moderator or admin please move this to the fishing tips and techniques section, got ahead of myself when posting this.

Thank you

rjones

That should be sufficient.  I usually take a pro gear 251, a pro gear 541,  and a penn 6/0 that have served well in the past.  This year I'm going to add a fathom 15 2 speed on a slow pitch jigging rod
Rob

Benni3

The 4/0 is a great set for there,,, ;) hope you get the big one,,,,,, ;D

ReelFishingProblems

I appreciate the help. Now I just gotta hope the weather cooperates

thorhammer

man I'd love to see you working snappas on that Squidda. That would be a blast.

ReelFishingProblems

Quote from: thorhammer on March 25, 2021, 08:50:39 PM
man I'd love to see you working snappas on that Squidda. That would be a blast.
Looks like you need to come down and fish