Avet charter on the SOA - June 22-25, 2021

Started by alantani, March 25, 2021, 11:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

OK....I just booked the last spot!  Really looking forward to my first 3 day trip!  Thank you Alan for the heads up on the last spot.....crap now Im off to the passport office.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

we can talk about gear later.  please do not buy anything.  not even so much as a single hook.  i'd like to get you to have at least one trip under your belt before you start spending money.  hint: you'll probably see the need for all minimum $500 reels and $500 rods once we're done.  sorry......   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

El Pescador

Quote from: alantani on March 30, 2021, 06:06:13 PM
hint: you'll probably see the need for all minimum $500 reels and $500 rods once we're done.  sorry......   ;D

Bill,

Remember...  Father's Day is approaching!!!! ;D

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Brewcrafter

Right on Bill!  You are about to go on the ultimate "Intro to Long Range" trip! - john

Bill B

Im really excited....could not think of a better intro than this....Now I need to get my priorities set.... 1st thing: What to bring to drink.... 2nd thing:  What to chase it with..... ;D  Bill

Hamachi

The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

stoked4fishin

Bill B

Just checked on my passport status....the State Department says it is in progress and 4-6 weeks out.....WooooHoooo....getting closer.....Scopolamine patches are ready for pick up....retirement date is 21 days and a wake up!  Just looked at the wife's Honey Do list and it seems to be growing by the foot everyday 😳

I'm still under Alan's strict rules of "not buying a single hook" but it's getting hard not to.....😬

Bill

alantani

ok, you can buy fluoro.  alan chui has good stuff.  otherwise get seaguar blue label in 30, 40 and 50 pound, 25 yard coils.  you can also get a small pack of ringed owner flyliners in #1, 2/0 and 4/0.  that's well under $100.  that's all, no more!!!!   ;D

alantani

oh, and a couple of 300 gram generic flat falls!   ;D

Bill B

WoooHoooo....off to Turners Outdoorsman I go  ;D. BTW by "generic" flatfall, does that mean anything that catches the fisherman? Meaning color doesn't really matter 🤔

Bill

alantani

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on April 09, 2021, 03:36:10 AM
WoooHoooo....off to Turners Outdoorsman I go  ;D. BTW by "generic" flatfall, does that mean anything that catches the fisherman? Meaning color doesn't really matter 🤔

Bill

i like the all glow flat falls, though the silver metallic stripe and glow will work also.  i want to make sure you are rigged up with the big hooks. 

DFT

Just check and the trip is fully booked.  I sent a message to SOA to put me on the waiting/reserve list.  Hope I can get on it.  14 anglers on a big boat is nice.

alantani

DFT

Lots of privacy.  You have your own state room, wide open space at the rail and everyone eats at the same time.