Who has plans to fish the Salmon opener tomorrow?

Started by JoseCuervo, April 02, 2021, 10:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Quote from: akfish on April 05, 2021, 02:39:39 PM
In the picture of 5 fish, is the bottom one a king? Lots like a pink, albeit a big one, to me.

I don't think they get any Pink's that far South. Be cool if they did. What would Cal F&G say about that?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

JoseCuervo

Quote from: akfish on April 05, 2021, 02:39:39 PM
In the picture of 5 fish, is the bottom one a king? Lots like a pink, albeit a big one, to me.

All Kings, that one just has had all its scales cleaned off.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

David Hall

Yes all we have are King Salmon and the occasional Coho that are restricted to zero take.  Here's the money shot.

JoseCuervo

Quote from: David Hall on April 06, 2021, 08:56:18 PM
Yes all we have are King Salmon and the occasional Coho that are restricted to zero take.  Here's the money shot.

Dominick

Nice.  David did you troll that entire distance?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

Quote from: David Hall on April 06, 2021, 08:56:18 PM

awesome picture.

The Baja Guy

David Hall

Dominick. We trolled awhile then ran awhile repeated a few times until we finally got on the hot spot, once we found it we zigzagged, circled, figure eighted for several hours of slow bit steady hard bites.  We hooked five and landed five. 
My favorite way is mooching them up from the bottom.

Maxed Out

David, your smoked salmon looks delicious and priceless !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

Ted I'm following your lead, the last batch of tuna I canned up I add a little piece of the smoked salmon first.  Does add a very nice flavor to the tuna.  Just wish I could get Albacore back here, I'm having to use PV yellowfin as a substitute.  Albacore is king when it comes to canning.

JoseCuervo

Quote from: JoseCuervo on April 05, 2021, 05:46:36 AM
Quote from: Donnyboat on April 05, 2021, 01:28:03 AM
Thanks for the report, nice to get some fish, how long does your salmon season last up there, thanks cheers Don.

Don, we should know more later this month, they haven't decided on the close of the season for our area yet (not sooner than May 15), or if or when it will open north of here if at all. Our area (Monterey Bay south to Mexico) is usually open until about Halloween IIRC. The commercial season looks dismal, those guys may be screwed entirely.

https://wildlife.ca.gov/Fishing/Ocean/Regulations/Salmon

Don, an update: https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=33134.msg389319#msg389319

Donnyboat

Thanks Joes, your looking after me, its nice to see what fish are being caught in your part of the world, and how long you can fish them for, Time is here to fish for the future, so you just have to run with it, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat