Main Menu

Aloha

Started by HIBigBoar, April 06, 2021, 08:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Welcome to the Ohana

Your US113 is a great reel until you hook into that "fish of a lifetime" and the dogs fail. Easy way to prevent that failure is to get yourself a Cortez conversions bridge/sleeve upgrade. It's a no brainer and worth every penny.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

HIBigBoar

Thanks again all.

Curious as to what's the difference between the regular penn international vis vs visx?

Can't find much info online and the local shops can't tell me.

RowdyW

For one thing the VIS has a top crossbar & the VISX is topless. VIS sizes are 16 to 130. VISX sizes are 12 to 50. Ratios are different between them.       Rudy

Makule

Aloha to you too.  What island and city are you located?
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Trevor —

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Greetings, HBB, from Minnesota.

Frank

thorhammer

Trevor, the VISX series has advanced drag curves designed to fish up line classes using braid- like 80 lb braid on a 16 reel. The VIS have more traditional drag numbers more reflective of line-class fishing- mainly trolling with mono. Even the VIS drag numbers are higher than the earlier gen Internationals, tho. For instance, Gen 1 and II 80's were rated at 37 lbs; a new 50VISW is rated at 45lbs, whereas the 50VISX is close to 60 I think.

Bill B

Good to have you here.  As Rudy said before, a better bunch of folks you will never meet....for the US Senator a handle and bridge is all you need or can do to these tanks.....if you get the fever to hot rod a reel the 113H and the Jigmaster have plenty of options.....I recently completed an extra narrow JM with all the parts sourced here.....Bill, Southern Calif mountains. 
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Donnyboat

Very nice reel Bill, & of course the Alan Tani ringy is a must have, very handy, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Brewcrafter

I am pretty confident that Bill's hot rod Jiggy is about to see a lot of use and we are going to benefit by seeing some great posts! - john