How many rods?

Started by MarkT, April 08, 2021, 03:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

Mark: Thanks for having 105 rods. This is great, now when the wife says you have too many rods and reels I can tell her about a guy who has 105 so .............................. I don't have a problem !! For some reason I have way more reels than rods. I may have to correct that problem.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

thorhammer

Boss, not to dime on you, but you gotta count the loaners in the back yard! :)

foakes

Never counted them — guess it probably doesn't really matter.

Have another few dozen downstairs that are actually used.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Cuttyhunker

Thor,
I'll bet your recurring nightmare is the wife telling she got every penny you said it all cost when she sold your tackle  ;D
Doomed from childhood

steelfish

so Mark, whats next?
counting how many reels we have?

do you work for the ISR now?
is it really Mark asking this or is it mark's wife using his account while he was sleeping?

Im with Lee on this, not a good idea to count rods and leave an evidence of that.
The Baja Guy

thorhammer

She has actually been after me for a cataloguing, in event of my untimely demise- I'm afraid to do so as I'm worth more dead :)

She has the contacts of a couple of people here to get direction on how to address the collection, so to speak, should my expiration be short-dated. Some items I feel are Ohana pieces that I'm temporary custodian of and which will be redistributed to members who understand the provenance- like the massive grip Sal made me for the 16/0 that matches  the Harnell it flies, rewrapped with thread from Harry K., and a whole lot of other pieces. Some to friends, many to Boy Scouts, as I was, and the rest sold. Not to take this thread in a somber place, but really, many of these things are assets, and obviously a 115L2 may look generally the same as a Gen 1 9/0 in box, to the untrained eye. I have neither :)

thorhammer

Reels, i have a more accurate idea of :)

steelfish

Quote from: thorhammer on April 08, 2021, 08:31:05 PM
She has actually been after me for a cataloguing, in event of my untimely demise- I'm afraid to do so as I'm worth more dead :)

dang, they made wives the same all around the world, right?

The Baja Guy

David Hall

Before I joined up here, I think I had only 3-4 rods and reels at most.  Now 9yrs later, well let's just say that unlike my younger drinking partying days, I now have a lot to show for my money.  If I was to guess I'd say I probably have 50 rods and 75 reels and I only need one more of each.

Jeri

Obviously, I'm not as dedicated to 'collecting' as some on here. Probably about 40 rods for various disciplines, but by way of mitigation near half belong to my wife. So, all the issues of numbers becomes mute, especially where my wife is concerned.

A common comment in past years, was that I was lucky as my wife fishes avidly. My reply was that it always cost me double whenever we went shopping for tackle.

oldmanjoe

::)    28 in the spare bed room , 53 in the laundry room ,  38 in the garage and 6 in the living room as of now .......
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Bill B

The nice thing is when you get above 30-40 of something it's hard to tell when another is added 😎 just make friends with the UPS driver so you can meet for the next delivery instead of it being dropped at the door step....no time to figure out why the wife's shoes are sticking out from under the bed 🤔
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Wompus Cat

If you can count em you ain't got Enuf..... :o
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

whalebreath

40+ is the standard answer; I was doing well in terms of adding 'marginal needs' units until 10 days ago someone put a completely unused Richmake 8' trolling rod over 30yo and highly prized here in BC for sale for half it's market value.

To punish myself I cycled to his house which is halfway up a mountain-zipping back home with it wrapped up in the saddlebags sure was sweet!

Cor

Quote from: foakes on April 08, 2021, 06:14:11 PM
Never counted them — guess it probably doesn't really matter.

Have another few dozen downstairs that are actually used.

Best, Fred
Just work out how many foot of white PVC downpipe was needed to make those racks! ;D
Cornelis