How many rods?

Started by MarkT, April 08, 2021, 03:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

There is a thread on BD that asked how many rods? The guy asking had 73!  My response was he needed 1 more and tell your wife I said so!  I went out and counted mine and came up with 105... I probably missed a couple! Ya know, I probably also need at least one more!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

stoked4fishin

105 and counting?!  You need to "Seeker" help Mark😎

CooldadE

If my wife wants something I tell her to get it because if I want something I get it ... it works for us... I prob only have 25 rods. Ima Po' tackle hoe ... I neda get a part time job.

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

boon

14. Each has a distinct purpose. There is a small degree of overlap but for a given situation I'm not really left wondering which rod to use.

I'm fairly ruthless with keeping numbers down. If I have another, better setup that does the same job, I'll sell things.

Cuttyhunker

Well over a hundred in New England, maybe 20 in Florida, I just tell the wife they're sensible, being like shoes for guys..... ;D
Doomed from childhood

thorhammer

I think between 5 and 600, and maybe 50 blanks / parts to build one year. I have issues. Just bought three really nice Okuma Nomads from Charkbait about half price.

Cutty, I show the wife prices for tackle going up, and inform that no one will buy her used used shoes at a profit. :)

John

Keta

It is not a good idea to count rods.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

JasonGotaProblem

More than the wife thinks I have I'll say that much. I think it's more than 10 less than 15. I have more reels than rods.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

MarkT

Quote from: stoked4fishin on April 08, 2021, 03:43:10 AM
105 and counting?!  You need to "Seeker" help Mark😎

Well, I know you're still accumulating since I used to have 106!  In fact I haven't bought any this year and have sold one... so there!

gstours

Pretty soon they will make a fishing show called "Hoarders" .    Thanks 🙏
     Now I don't feel comfortable building another.😼.    Just kidding.😸

Cor

I only have about 19 rods, and many have been broken and lovingly repaired.

They all hang on the garage wall where I can grab two and jump in my van.   The downside of that is that they are open for the Boss to see.
Cornelis

Swami805

I probably have 25 seeker uluas alone 100h, 93h, skinny butt, baby ulua, white tigers, pinhead, red, blue, green, cex, white. I shudder to think how many are in the racks.  I just keep building them out of boredom.

The math I use for my wife is for everyone I sell will pay for 2 new ones for me. She quite asking questions a long time ago because she knows she can buy whatever she wants because I don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to squandering money
I think I have a reel for every rod at least close anyway
Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

Sheridan, it's been a minute since you posted a build pic, unless I've missed it! Show us some of the Seeker builds.

MarkT

Quote from: Cor on April 08, 2021, 02:49:49 PM
I only have about 19 rods, and many have been broken and lovingly repaired.

They all hang on the garage wall where I can grab two and jump in my van.   The downside of that is that they are open for the Boss to see.

I built a rack in the garage to store rods and showed it to the wife.  She said that was dumb and started counting... she quit at 26 and I pointed out that she missed a bunch that weren't in the rack.  She just laughed and went back in.  She was a lot more into experiences than 'stuff'. We went to Europe 4 months before she died because there were a few countries she still hadn't been to and wanted to visit before she died.  She made it to all 50 states and 70+ countries.  I'm up to 48 states and 60+ countries.

alantani

yeah, about 75.....   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!