Need a 705 Crosswind arm 43-705

Started by Brandon G, April 09, 2021, 01:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon G

Hello!

I'm looking for part 43-705, a crosswind arm for a 705. This part is not interchangeable with the 704 version unfortunately.

Will pay for part and postage, please and thank you!!
Tight Lines :)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

No luck here, Brandon —

Have plenty of the 43-700 — which fit the 700, 704, & 706.

If no one else comes up with one for you — I tentatively found one at an out of country source.

If you still need it tomorrow — message me, and I will get it for you.

My dead cost with no profit — would run about $8 + $6 shipping + .80 tax.  Then shipping to you of $3.

Glad to help — but hope someone here has one for you.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Hi Brandon —

After trying 4 sources for the elusive left-handed crosswind connector — here in North America, 3 in Europe, and one in the UK — No Bueno.

Still kept looking on eBay and contacting other sources — still No Good.

Even, Tony, at Penn — had his techs look through all of the used, but still good parts bins.  No luck...

Had almost given up — when I got the bright idea of actually checking the parts envelopes matked 43-700...

Lo & Behold — there was (1) new old stock Lefty that was mixed in with the other more typical 43-700's.

So, if you still need it — it's yours.  Post a photo of your completed Penn 705 reel when you get it operational.

Sorry for the delay — just had to wait for a Unicorn to rise to the surface.

I have never tried, but I do believe one could be modified from a 43-700 by heating and bending it around an old spool shaft.  Little blacksmith work.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Brandon G

Wow! Thank you so much for doing all that for me! That is insanely nice of you!

Quote from: foakes on May 02, 2021, 04:04:37 PM
Hi Brandon —

After trying 4 sources for the elusive left-handed crosswind connector — here in North America, 3 in Europe, and one in the UK — No Bueno.

Still kept looking on eBay and contacting other sources — still No Good.

Even, Tony, at Penn — had his techs look through all of the used, but still good parts bins.  No luck...

Had almost given up — when I got the bright idea of actually checking the parts envelopes matked 43-700...

Lo & Behold — there was (1) new old stock Lefty that was mixed in with the other more typical 43-700's.

So, if you still need it — it's yours.  Post a photo of your completed Penn 705 reel when you get it operational.

Sorry for the delay — just had to wait for a Unicorn to rise to the surface.

I have never tried, but I do believe one could be modified from a 43-700 by heating and bending it around an old spool shaft.  Little blacksmith work.

Best, Fred
Tight Lines :)

sandbar

foakes

--------

Fred O.