a word from the makers of corrosion x .....

Started by alantani, April 13, 2009, 04:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

"ReelX is the same technology (i.e. same "polar bonding molecules", same corrosion protection, dielectric characteristic), but it's different than regular CorrosionX in two ways. #1 it's a thinner, lower viscosity formula. #2 it has an additional ingredient (the same one that's in SpeedX, only there's not as much) that chemically alters metal and metal oxide wear surfaces whenever it's activated by triboenergy (the heat energy of friction). So in plain English, the more pressure and rpm that's applied, the slicker it gets. Unlike conventional lubes that'll seize and/or wear if you put enough pressure on them, this stuff just gets slicker. It's really cool! On most of the standard industry wear tests (like ASTM-D4172), CorrosionX and to a greater extent ReelX and SpeedX are in a class by themselves. The new CorrosionX, ReelX and SpeedX have all been improved within the last year or so taking advantage of our military product (CorrosionX Aviation) advancements. So they're actually even better than they were. 

P.S. for lubing reels, no more than 1 drop per bearing. More than that can actually form a hydrodynamic wedge (like a standing wave on a very small scale) in front of the bearings that will actually slow your spin rate."

Best regards,

J.D. Hill
Masthead Marketing & Distribution
3601 Turtle Creek Blvd., Suite 905 • Dallas, TX 75219
469.583.9218 • jdhill@rejex.com

RejeX: Nothing Sticks But The Shine!™

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Quote from: BigT on January 16, 2010, 10:58:26 AM

Hi Alan, I notice that the reels you've showcased so far are predominantly overhead reels but I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge about spinning reels too... hence my 2 questions if you're open to sharing your ideas around them?? Firstly, I've had conflicting suggestions about the lubing of clutch bearings in spin reels (I guess overheads would be much the same situation)... some manufacturers suggest a film coat of grease... some say no lubrication at all... all say don't use oil as it can cause the anti reverse to fail... etc, etc, etc.  What would you recommend for clutch bearings?  Secondly, a lot of spin reels these days have ridiculously small bearings in the line roller assembly. I've been packing them with grease for protection but again, what would you recommend please?  Cheers, BigT 

accurate did a fair amount of research with anti-reverse roller bearings and found that corrosion x was the best overall product.  shimano is now using a thinner grease on their roller bearings.  it appears to be a mix of their standard teflon drag grease mixed with an unknown oil (presumably a compatible teflon oil).  it's a no win situation.  if you leave these anti-reverse roller bearings bone dry, they hold great, but the plain steel (not stainless) needles will rust immediately.  if you pack grease into the bearings or add an oil of any type, the inner tube in the roller bearing will slip at a lower range.  see what i mean?  either way, you loose. 

so personally, what i use is just plain old corrosion x.  it will slip under an excessive load.  it is now critical that your drag system function properly and not seize up.  there is simply a physical limit to what these reels can do.  and the reason that reels have been pushed so hard is that they have fallen behind.  reel performance has perhaps doubled at best.  line performance (mono versus spectra) has improved 5 fold.  we need reels that have a 5 fold increase in performance as well. 

alantani

i still have corrosion x as my totally reliable all purpose lubricant.  i tried reel x and speed x and did not see a big enough improvement to justify the cost.  xtreme reel + is without a doubt the fastest, slickest stuff in the world but just does not last long enough.  jim nomura brought over some TSI 301 and i've been using it for the last 3 months.  i'm am going to use this for a while and see how it goes.  so far, so good.  alan

alantani

Quote from: conniek on August 01, 2010, 12:08:31 PM
of all the products, we still like the Corrosion Products. I learned about Corrosion X from a local guy who worked on trolling motors and his picture on label. It was not fashionable then to be using on reels, they found niche in market and began effort towards fishing reels. talking about 15 years ago I would guess. Corrosion X was a hole in the wall place in Dallas. They've come along way baby. LOL Thanks for the info.