Tiburon Frames and Spools

Started by SoCalAngler, January 24, 2012, 06:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

It looks like Tiburon is comming out with some goodies. From the Charkbait web site.

Finally the guys from Tiburon have come to the rescue of those of us who desired upgrades of Newell reels. Specifically, they have now produced (or are in the process of producing) several much wanted upgrades! For the 200 and 300 series reels, you now have an excellent machined aluminum frame! There's even more to be excited about! They've produced a frame for the 440 and 533 series reels, and there's a new narrow version 533!!! For our Ulua guys. Tib will soon have a machined aluminum spool available for the 454, as well as a frame.  Further the new 550 frame and spool will be excellent additions to the reels our Hawaii guys love so much.

kamuwela

Wolf

Is this an easy install. Are any tutorials out there.Thanks   Wolf

Bryan Young

Should be and unscrew and screw.  Then you'd be good to go.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

landlubber

I am also glad Tib is taking the bull by the horns and  have a 220 and 235 tibed out to try this summer. BUUUUUT one of Carls main concepts was a light reel and the Tibb frame lessons that.

SoCalAngler

Quote from: landlubber on March 08, 2012, 03:15:03 AM
I am also glad Tib is taking the bull by the horns and  have a 220 and 235 tibed out to try this summer. BUUUUUT one of Carls main concepts was a light reel and the Tibb frame lessons that.

True that, buuut Carl did not design these reels with carbon fiber washers, heavier drag pressures and spectra lines in mind either.

alantani

got a whole box of frames and a some new ones coming.  still have to open it up. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gary902

i have  many old newell 220 332 454 what advantage of up grade using tiburon frame

BMITCH

Recently saw on eBay an upgrade to the 454. Now narrrrrow and aluminum spool. Look very nice. I did the 235 frame and that is really sweet also. Love the Tib frames!!!!!!! 
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

Quote from: gary902 on March 19, 2012, 01:57:26 AM
i have  many old newell 220 332 454 what advantage of up grade using tiburon frame
The biggest benefit will be alignment and lack of twisting there of, which is a common issue wiht Newells.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kauaifish808

Aloha looking to order tiburon frame for newell 550 any one got it yet  :)