Spool for 235-5

Started by BMITCH, February 05, 2012, 09:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Is there an aluminum spool available for a 235-5. The one on there now is graph. I'm trying to convert to aluminum spool and the new tiburon n235 frame.
luck is the residue of design.

alantani

i don't have one in stock.  anybody?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BonitaBch

Did you finish the conversion, and if so how did it turn out?
Bonita Beach, FL

Newell Nut

I don't have a spool for you either.

Shark Hunter

I tried to get a wide newell spool for their new n344 frame and trick out a jigmaster with it. But had no luck. Why is Tiburon making frames that you can't get spools for?
I asked Greg (Chowderpuff) if they were making spools for it yet and got no reply.
Life is Good!

BMITCH

That's a reeeeeeeally old post. I've since upgraded that reel. Alum.spool. Tib frame ,new cf's,ball handle, you name it. But thanks for remembering guys.
Bob

bluefish69

Daron

I think you mean a 338 Newell Spool. A 344 is to big. Let me know.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

This is the frame I'm talking about Mike, but I wanted it for a jigmaster and not a Newell.
Even if Tiburon is making the spools for it, they will cost more than the frame.
We talked about this a while back and I think there are no spools around for this frame other than ones from Tiburon.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Tiburon-N344-Reel-Frame-Newell-344-Penn-Jigmaster-Wide-Yellowfin-Special-/201267563881?
Life is Good!

bluefish69

If I have one it would be Black. Give me the frame with. I will check tomorrow.

Mike

Shark Hunter

I don't have the frame Mike. I'm not going to buy one until I have that spool. It was a yellowfin special made by Newell for the jigmaster. The spool needs to be 2 3/4" wide.
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Not to sure what is in the closet. Maybe Jimmy Hoffa.

Shark Hunter

As long as that spool is in there with him. I'll keep it on the down low. ;D
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Bryan Young

Bob, what did you do with the old graphite spool and spacer bars?

I was thinking of converting a 229 over for surf casting because my friends told me the wider spool casts better that the narrower ones.  I want to see it for my self.  Thanks.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Bryan, I found the spool and an alum. Foot/base plate. Your welcome to them. I'll look around this weekend for the spacer bars. And the graph. Parts.
Bob