Newell 220 conversion parts

Started by circuits00, February 10, 2012, 01:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

circuits00

Can a S series Newell 220 use the metal clicker,metal bearing caps and from cross bar with the holes from the P or G series
Thanks for the help

alantani

without looking, i would still guess yes.  it's getting harder to find parts, though. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

franky

Hello Circuits00,

For the 200 series reels, you might want to check the length of the metal clicker button.  I do know that the p-series metal clicker set will fit the 300 series all the way up to the 600 series reels.  However, I did not have the opportunity to work on 200 series reels (not popular in Hawaii) but I did hear that the stem on the click button that fits the 300 series through the 600 series reels is a bit long for the 200 series reels....you might want to check it.

As for the cross bar and the reels seat, you can convert the s series reels with the metal p series parts.  However, you will need to change the inner stainless rings on both side plates so that the holes will line up on the cross bars.  From what I've worked on, the p series cross bars sit lower on the inner stainless rings than the s series graphite bars.

Bearing caps...not sure.  :-X  I have seen some bearing cap openings that appear to be large and some that appear to be small.  Just gotta check yours to see if it is able to fit.