Revo Toro 50 spool bearings

Started by lordisgod, March 05, 2012, 10:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordisgod

Hello all!!

well i have a silly question, (newbee here). i am waiting on my hedgehog tool from japantackle.
and cant wait to clean and replace the bearings on my baitcasters. 

couples of questions are for revo to 50 and 60.  the spool has both bearings attached to the spool. one one side you have your regular bearing held in place with the spool pin but on the other side (brakes side) you have the bearing then the pinion gear which is held in place by a e-clip.

1. how do i remove the e-clip?
2. and does the spool pinion gear slide off once the e clip is removed?
3.once i am ready to place the pinion gear back, does it suppose to go back at a certain way?

Thanks guys!!!!

lordisgod

Thanks for the link!!   i do see the clip, but is there a special tool i need to remove it?
And for the spool pinion gear is there anything i have to align so it could line up with the other
gear in the spool plate?

thanks again!!!

coastalobsession

I use a small screw driver to remove the e-clip
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

lordisgod

Sweet i will try it!! once my spool pin tool comes in of course.   is it ok to soak the bearings in
lighter fluid ex. coleman camping fuel?

Bryan Young

yes you can soak it if the inner bearing holders are made of metal.  If unknown, then I would clean and blow dry.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

lordisgod

Will do!!  since im going to clean the stock bearings on all of my reels which includes revos toro 50,60, inshore and premier. also daiwa luna 253, daiwa sol and daiwa zillion type r. i think i should be ok to do just a quick soak and rinse. i will go ahead and by a can of computer co2 to blow off the axcess liquid. I do use these in the salt exclusively.

for the toro spool pinion gear is there anything i have to line up?

alantani

add a little grease to that e-clip before you pop it out.  that way it will stick to the first thing it hits if it goes flying by accident.  the pinion gear will line up on it's own. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

lordisgod

Thanks Alan!!!

i will do that!!   i appreciate all of you guys help!!

Killerbug

Quote from: alantani on March 06, 2012, 03:04:07 PM
add a little grease to that e-clip before you pop it out.  that way it will stick to the first thing it hits if it goes flying by accident.  the pinion gear will line up on it's own. 

Cool, great trick!
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time