You know you're a Reel-Head when......

Started by Caranx, March 08, 2012, 08:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erikpowell

No really.. I was stepping backwards to get the whole table in the picture..and poof, splat, expletives deleted.. stepped right into
my cats litterbox..nasty

mhc

My mistake - I thought "stepped in the cat's litterbox" must have been a Fijian expression for 'stuff' everywhere!!  ;D
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

jonnou

Dominick

Quote from: mhc on August 19, 2014, 07:58:49 AM
My mistake - I thought "stepped in the cat's litterbox" must have been a Fijian expression for 'stuff' everywhere!!  ;D
Mhc, you never know until you ask, but sometimes you are lied to.  In this case it was literally a litter box. Now here's the real story about lying.  Whenever Erik would meet a Fijian they would say "Bula."  When Erik asked what that meant they told him it was a happy greeting like aloha in Hawaii.  Hey Erik they lied to you.  All those years they have been calling you an (expletive deleted).  :D :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jonnou

Quoteyou never know until you ask, but sometimes you are lied to.  In this case it was literally a litter box. Now here's the real story about lying.  Whenever Erik would meet a Fijian they would say "Bula."  When Erik asked what that meant they told him it was a happy greeting like aloha in Hawaii.  Hey Erik they lied to you.  All those years they have been calling you an (expletive deleted).
Its great we have guys like you around Dominick
Just so full of BULA
Bula vanaka Jon

erikpowell

Bula!
I don't even have an answer for that Dom  ;D ;D  You guys are hysterical!  ;D

Actually, there is some truth to what you said... sometimes you never know....But, it shouldn't take one long to figure out their ruse  ;)

Here's one for example..."Sona i sali" ... now I've been here awhile, & jus till yesterday!, I thought it was just the name of another pretty resort down the coast from us   .... mwahahaha ! ;D ;D  try to look that one up

mhc,  ;D  good one..Vinaka... "the dogs lunch" is a popular descriptive here  ;D

moce mada

erik

Unutt

I hate to get back on track but,

You know you are a reel head when you get goose bumps when you find a reel posted on eBay as 'for parts or restoration'.
So many reels, so little time.

Shark Hunter

You start getting requests from members to "Hot Rod" their Senators. ;)
Life is Good!

CaptainRMF

You join this site and live in New Jersey, wake up at 6:30 AM EST and log on waiting for the West Coast guy to wake up and post something new and interesting so you can learn MORE !!!
Richy aka CaptainRMF

Rancanfish

You spend 5 hrs getting things tuned just right, to go fishing in a drawn down lake, with four rods and reels,  to fish for planter trout, that you don't catch, and walk out feeling good because all the reels worked to perfection.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

foakes

Hey Captain,

I just always figured we could never get ahead of you East Coast guys -- since you get up 3 hours earlier than us every day!

😀😀😀

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

David Hall

My wife grabbed my phone right out of my hands today,  she started searching through the photos, It was obvious she was ticked off,  I asked her what she was doing?  She said I heard you  talking to one of your friends earlier!  And I just want to see what the "pretty little thing from tiburon" looks like!  So I showed her
  And I have only been on AT for a week?  THIS PLACE SHOULD HAVE ITS OWN MSDS,  a warning sign or flashing light anything to warn the poor and unsuspecting, there usually no fun anyway!
   It bought my wife a fishing boat for our 35th anniversary.
it was a surprise!  Oddly she never uses it?
We're together 41 yrs now and I love her boat!

Shark Hunter

That's Good Stuff David! :D
Reminds me of the State Farm Commercial.
Who are you talking to?
Its Jake from State Farm.
What are you wearing? Jake from State Farm?
Khakis
Well, She sounds Hideous!  :o
That's because she's a Guy. ::)
The Pretty little thing from Tiburon is the same. Just Hideous! :D
Life is Good Here! Stay Thirsty My Friends! ;)
There is more to sound Hideous to the ones not in the know. :P
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

You clean off the kitchen table for the Holidays, and in less than a week, it looks like this. ;D
Fresh off the truck! ;)
Life is Good!

BMITCH

David, great story. The disease is progressing nicely I see ::)

Daron...diawa's :o :o your gonna need an addition on the house soon!
luck is the residue of design.