You know you're a Reel-Head when......

Started by Caranx, March 08, 2012, 08:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I started out young on Daiwa spinners Bob. The only two conventionals I have are the 600 and the 900H.
They are worthy. ;)
Life is Good!

Wally15

You're glad you live on the East Coast so you can post a couple of questions at bedtime on AT knowing the West Coast gurus will have your answers when you get up the next morning.
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

foakes

Just the opposite in my case -- I count on the pearls of wisdom from the East Coast guys every morning.

Got up at 4:30 this morning -- had coffee -- drank some water -- went for a two-mile 30 minute walk with Sue -- warmer this morning, 40 degrees -- back home at 6:00 -- still dark -- just starting to get light now at 6:30 -- checked the stealth night cam for visitors -- popped the SD card in my iPad -- couple of foxes -- Sue feeds them dog food every night, and they now have names...one is Eat, the other is Run -- now I check the AT site for smart comments from the East Coast as I have my second cup of coffee.   

Of course, with the World Wide reach of Alan's site -- there are 24 time zones -- always something going on.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Reel 224

Now I know I have a problem when I'm doing the same things that Fred is doing every morning...WOW ;D
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bill B

Do you think this might work when the UPS driver shows up with another box?

Does anyone here remember seeing these during your service?   Way before my time...
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Reel 224

No; but I like the ending....gets your attention. ;D
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

I guess this makes me a Reel-Head:  Total time logged in: 13 days, 1 hours and 13 minutes.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

MudShark7

Quote from: Panama on March 16, 2012, 07:23:25 PM

....You just got a new reel and you stop at a traffic signal/stop sign to open the box and play with the free spool and in turn hold up traffic

I can really picture myself doing this one!  lol
Remember! - You're Unique, Just like Everybody Else!

Bill B

You're a Reel Head when you spend your lunch hour running across town to pick up a reel you just bought, and racing back to make it back in under an hour...
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Gman_WC

You know you're a Reel-Head when......you buy a duplicate used reel (a model of which you already own) to go through and repair as a backup because your thinking about taking #1 down for repairs. You don't want to be without a working reel for that one specific
task. And another is never a bad thing!  ;D -g
Walnut Creek, CA