New Tib frame for 454F

Started by BMITCH, March 20, 2012, 04:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Anyone seen the new Tib 454/500 frame yet? I saw one on eBay which makes this a narrow spool( like a 506). Any input before I pull the trigger on it would be appreciated. I'm going to install on a G 454-F. Will be using it for school tuna jigging maybe with PP depth hunter #60 and short top shot floro.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

not yet, but knowing the Tiburon products, you don't have a thing to worry about.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

i've got a box of tib frames for the newell reels that has not been opened yet.  the narrow 533 was of particular interest.  there's gotta be a knife around here somewhere!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

conchydong

Just put a Tib frame on my R533 and I am lovin' it.

BMITCH

Nice handle on that 533. Where might I be able to find one like it????

conchydong

Quote from: BMITCH on March 27, 2012, 03:10:01 PM
Nice handle on that 533. Where might I be able to find one like it????

That is a Tiburon Lite handle. Charkbait, Tiburon and even e-bay sometimes has them for Newells.

10ozgrabba

Here is a PR533-5.5 on a Tiburon 550 frame w/spool

P533-5.5 on a Tiburon  550 frame

miamipescador

Some real beauties right there  :o

BMITCH

Thought I would revisit this post... Fished with the narrowed upg-454-f. Wasn't fortunate enough to hookup with any tuna, but I did give it a go tile fishing. 2# of weight and approx. 600' of 65# pp. to get to the bottom. What I did get is what I think was frame torque. Got a rubbing sound when reeling up and racked that rod until further inspection. Took the reel apart and saw some contact marks on the edge of the spool where it was making contact with the frame. Has anyone had this happen to the narrow tiburon frame? Any suggestions?

tacoma09

I have a G454 w/ tib frame upgrade.  I have not had any problems.  Feels alot more solid reel.  I also upgraded my s540 to a 550 with tib frame/spool.  Free spool is endless.   :)