Penn Stainless Steel Anti Reverse Dogs

Started by Keta, April 02, 2012, 09:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Received my 15 dogs today Lee. Really well made. Thanks very much.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

handi2

Thank you Lee for making these available..!! My customers eat them up fast..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

ChileRelleno

For some odd reason, strange & unmodified reels keep appearing on my workbench.

I'd like the following ss parts whenever you get'em, partial order OK, thanks.

1 - 9500ss 16 tooth ratchet  
2 - 9500ss dogs
2 - 8500ss 16 tooth ratchet
4 - 8500ss dogs
1 - 7500ss 16 tooth ratchet
2 - 7500ss dogs
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Alto Mare

You need to control yourself John ;D. BTW did you send that reel? No hurry, just wondering.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 31, 2014, 10:58:42 PM
You need to control yourself John ;D. BTW did you send that reel? No hurry, just wondering.
Sorry, addictive personality, once I get hooked on something...  ::)

I didn't make it to the Post Office today, my wife should ship it out Monday.
It is already packaged & ready to go, return S/H is in the box too.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

I'm anxious to see what is Wrong with it Sal. I never got to look at it myself, but I never heard one make that noise! :o Mike and Me hand lined his shark in.
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 01, 2014, 03:45:26 PM
I'm anxious to see what is Wrong with it Sal. I never got to look at it myself, but I never heard one make that noise! :o

Mike and Me hand lined his shark in.
You, Bob and especially me.

And I thank y'all for that... Good thing she was just a little girl.
Ragnar Benson:

Cone

John, Daron, Eric, Mike and Gene it was a pleasure to meet all of you! I really wish you all had caught more. I didn't care if I caught anything but I enjoyed seeing you catch the ones you did. Maybe you will next time. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

Me too Bob,
I had Fun, that's all that Matters. I was Surprised to even get some baits soaking on Sunday with all the people. Thanks for all your Help. ;)
Life is Good!

floating doc

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 02, 2014, 05:00:35 AM
Me too Bob,
I had Fun, that's all that Matters. I was Surprised to even get some baits soaking on Sunday with all the people. Thanks for all your Help. ;)

It was great just being there. I got back to work on Thursday, and it was the usual madhouse. Twelve plus hours every day through Saturday; despite taking a full week off in the middle of my two week pay period I still worked 77 hours.  :P

No wonder I'm tired!
Central Florida

ChileRelleno

Quote from: ChileRelleno on May 31, 2014, 10:42:24 PM
For some odd reason, strange & unmodified reels keep appearing on my workbench.

I'd like the following ss parts whenever you get'em, partial order OK, thanks.

1 - 9500ss 16 tooth ratchet  
2 - 9500ss dogs
2 - 8500ss 16 tooth ratchet
4 - 8500ss dogs
1 - 7500ss 16 tooth ratchet
2 - 7500ss dogs
Lee,
just in case any or all of these were to magically became available...  Please put a hold on them for me.
Just blew my mad money for the next four weeks on a 12/0 reel/rod combo.

Hi, my name is Chile and I have an addiction...  That I'm not going to kick.
Ragnar Benson:

mike1010

Looks like nobody has asked for a while about an SS dog for the surfmaster (200, specifically).  Any thing happening on that?  Thanks.

Keta

I have a bunch of 15-200 dogs in stock.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mhc

Lee, Inspired by your enthusiasm for the reel and Justin's 'Monster Mariner' upgrade, I am upgrading a couple of 349HC reels. I have an order with you for the SS dogs and 113H handle arm - my question is about the second dog.
I have bought a 114 ss dog (from someone else) so I could 'mill' the plates while you catch up with your orders, but it doesn't look it will work, it appears too short and too thick with an oversized hole. I am new to Penns and don't have any senator dogs to compare with the one I have recieved - should I order a different dog to the 114?
The rough dimensions of the 114 dog I received are;
Length -      20.7mm (0.815inch)
Thickness -  3.35mm (0.135inch)   stock 2.65mm (0.105mm)
Hole -         5.00mm (0.200inch)   stock 3.65mm (0.144inch)

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Keta

What you will need is a 114H dog with a smaller hole.  I am short of 114H dogs and need to get more cut, I will have a special one cut if you want it.  I also have 2 SS 15-349's left.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain