Bay area laser cutting service

Started by mikeysm, July 14, 2018, 06:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

That's not mine that's John Taylors. I am going to use 7075 aluminum. Stainless is to heavy for a reel that's 9 1/2 lbs already.

Mike

54bullseye

Quote from: mikeysm on August 11, 2018, 02:02:18 PM
That's not mine that's John Taylors. I am going to use 7075 aluminum. Stainless is to heavy for a reel that's 9 1/2 lbs already.

Mike

Mike mine is all Aluminum except the shaft that knob turns on.  John Taylor

broadway

I hear ya, Mike... just figured the extra weight of SS would be negligible as the reel is already 10 lbs. 
Yep, I knew the handle was John's as I'm scouring the computer to find his address so I can do a "Mission Impossible" and snatch it, lol.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with,
Dom

54bullseye

Quote from: broadway on August 11, 2018, 05:00:06 PM
I hear ya, Mike... just figured the extra weight of SS would be negligible as the reel is already 10 lbs. 
Yep, I knew the handle was John's as I'm scouring the computer to find his address so I can do a "Mission Impossible" and snatch it, lol.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with,
Dom
Dom you got a rod I would buy and include handle with the $$$$$$$$$$$  Lol !!   John Taylor

broadway

Hey John,
   Are you the one with that OC 20/0 cradle reel? I can't remember off hand.
If so... I have a catalog you'll want too. ;)
Dom

54bullseye

I have a 16/0 OC cradle reel and rod but never heard of a 20/0 ???  What catalog you got ?   John Taylor

broadway

Sorry for the screw up...I meant Coxe 20/0 cradle reel which I believe is the largest of the cradle reels but that's really your department so I'm not positive.
I have the 1937 MINT condition catalog where it has a heck of a full page photo and they talk about said, 20/0 cradle reel with prices of the rod butt attachments, etc.
Dom