powdercoating

Started by broschro, April 05, 2012, 11:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTM

Jamie,

You got me looking at colors on ebay, wow!!!,  I noticed that some dont state their UV rating, just salt spray. What about the candy apple colors, are they UV, salt and "one coat"?

Leo

broschro

Hey Leo the candy colors are more expensive because they need a base coat first.if you read they will tell you if they need a base coat or not some of the candies do not require a base coat.also I do believe they all are  uv rated the spray up to 1000hrs is what you want to look for.

f15h1n6

I sent you several pm's. Are you getting my messages?

thorhammer

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 29, 2014, 12:10:18 PM
Oh Snap! Senator prime in the works!
How about a 12/0 spool Jamie. I just picked up another 12/0, but the spool is toast! for $100, I couldn't let it past me. ;)

Ok my attention is undivided after Sal sent me link. Did you have this done?

J

Shark Hunter

Yes, But it wasn't powder coated. It was done with Emron. Jamie had a hard time with it, but I was very pleased.

Life is Good!

thorhammer

Noted, thanks! Looks good. I have some yard saler SS's that are perfectly functional but need love on body / rotor.

ReelCurious

I've got a Slammer 560 with corrosion coming through on the body, rotor, and bail arm.  Wondering if this would bring it back to life.  The USA versions are getting scarce.

thorhammer

Same on my 360. My go to number one of all.

spc7669

If this is still available, I would like to send you some rings from a Penn 4/0. I tried to PM you but couldn't get it to work.

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

RowdyW

Sid, Emron or Emoron or Emaron or however it's spelled  is a paint originaly produced by Dupont. It is a synthetic type plastic paint that is flexable & used on tractor trailers.     Rudy

oc1

Imron.  Very durable but difficult to work with without specialized sprayers and an autoclave.  Also, the fumes will kill you quick.
-steve

broschro

Sorry Gentlemen I'm no longer powdercoating.   

Shark Hunter

That is the Wrong Emron Sid. :D
I thought is was used on airplanes.
Life is Good!

kmstorm64

This is the reel he did for my GF one Christmas a few years back, great work!
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!