Tufftackle Brawn 8000 Jig

Started by Clem, April 23, 2012, 09:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milkman

Interesting the Tuff Tackle Website seems to have been down for a while, and their facebook page hasn't been updated since February...

Ron Jones

I know this is a bit old, but maybe someone can explain this to me? When everyone threw away their Mitchel 300s because they didn't have "skirted" spools, it was explained that the skirt kept water out of the reel. If you drill a bunch of holes in the skirt, won't you let water in to where the skirt is supposed to be protecting?

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

orlando miguel

anybodi eard anithing about these reels??
i became curious about them :-\

Irish Jigger

jdawson@kemenyoverseas.co

Hi Clem.
My name is Jeremy. I have a Brawn 8000 and its in need of a service and most likely will need spares. I live in Australia, could you please point me in the right direction for assistance ?
Looks like this thread is very very old but this is the closest i've come top finding someone talking about this reel.
With thanks.

redsetta

Hi Jeremy,
Unfortunately, Tuff Tackle went out of business some years ago (I believe as far back as 2013)...
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Wompus Cat

Yep it appears they came out and gave a 15 year warranty but the company only lasted 15 months...............
I replied to your first post in that a Teardown is on this site in this Thread you posted in now .
It shows the sizes of the Bearings so if needed your Go to Guy could find them by the dimensions .I did not see any specific seals in the teardown except maybe a few o Rings which should also be available by sizing.
I found on another site by Googleing that possibly TUFFTACKLE went with Shimano .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

boon

Quote from: redsetta on July 21, 2022, 03:52:05 AMHi Jeremy,
Unfortunately, Tuff Tackle went out of business some years ago (I believe as far back as 2013)...
All the best, Justin

Probably after Alan Hawk said some particularly flattering things about their reels.....

EDIT: In terms of spares... if it's generic parts like bearings or drag washers someone should be able to find you a suitable substitute. If it's bespoke parts, you're probably out of luck, sorry.