Vintage Penn 9/0, 10/0, 12/0, and 14/0.

Started by john2244, April 30, 2012, 05:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john2244

Penn 9/0, 10/0, 12/0, and 14/0 for your review.  I believe these to be NEW, never used reels.
Note the factory tape on the Penn 10/0 holding the bracing in place.  I believe the 9/0 and 12/0 are from the
late 40's,  the previous owner of the 10/0 and 14/0 thought his uncle purchased these reels in 1972.0
Note: I am displaying the wrong 9/0 reel, It should have a 3 piece spool.
[IMG]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff515/johnw224/DSCF0114.jpg[/IMG]

Dominick

beauties.  thanks for sharing.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Wow, that's an awesome collection...giving Sal and Dom a run for their money.  Thanks for sharing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Great looking reels, John!  You're not giving us a run for our money, your joining the club!
Good stuff brotha,
Dom

Alto Mare

Hey, I see a lot of familiar reels there. John, they look awesome, thanks for sharing them with us.
I need to keep my eyes open for a green counterbalanced handle for that 12/0 ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

They're beauties alright - thanks for sharing John.
I have the same green handle on my 349HC, so it may be of a similar vintage.
I have a 10/0 as well, which I thought was a monster till I saw it next to your 14/0! ;) ;D
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

john2244

Thanks guys for the comments.  The hunt for these reels has been a lot of fun.  Sal, if you find a green
handle please let me know. I will post more pics over the next week or so.

John

Bill B

great stuff!!!  oops...just drooled on the keyboard.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

basto

Being a graphic designer in a past life, I find some of the older boxes very interesting....don`t see that often anymore.
Thanks for showing.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

el greco

basto

Just read in the PENN section of Bloodydecks that the 117 is in production again after many requests for this reel from shark fishers.

Alto Mare

I wonder if the 14/0 comes with a ss dog and sleeve, mine does  ;) .
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

basto

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 06, 2012, 12:58:01 AM
I wonder if the 14/0 comes with a ss dog and sleeve, mine does  ;) .

You would certainly hope that PENN would upgrade with all the latest goodies in this reel.

eric

That is a class collection of Penn Reels!