450g-650g Spiral Wrapped Jigging/Casting by PRO Challenger

Started by Black Pearl, May 08, 2012, 03:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Recently, I met up with Boghy (Alan Tani's website member) on a fishing reel. Then I showed him this rod. At first, he was not really impressed by the way he looked at this rod. Until he put this rod on a 35lb and 55lb plus testing, he was very impressed after his testing.

This rod will be available around coming July.

This rod is rated 450g to 650g (40 lbs to 100 lbs). The blank was tested up to 47kg (around 103lbs) strength.

This rod's specification is following:

1.) Length: 6'0"
2.) Spiral Wrapped with all Fuji HN series with Silicone Nitride ring (http://anglersresource.net/HeavyDuty...ingGuides.aspx)
3.) Fuji DPSS reel seat.
4.) PAC Bay silver gimbal.
5.) 100% Japanese carbon fiber.
6.) Super light weight.
7.) In silver with blue line wrapping.
8.) Available for right or left hand (guides turn left for right hand and guides turn right for left hand).
9.) Made in Taiwan.

Here is the video link that Boghy was testing the blank.

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g478/boghy2010/Jigging%20rod%20tests/?action=view¤t=MOV06141.mp4

Another video...

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Very cool Alan.  That blank sure has a lot of backbone.  Any word on the projected price?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Black Pearl

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 08, 2012, 07:02:28 PM
Very cool Alan.  That blank sure has a lot of backbone.  Any word on the projected price?

It should be around $129.00.

broadway

Boghy got one heck of a work out with that rod...Let me know when they get in... I'm interested in a pair.
Thanks
Dom

Black Pearl

Available for right or left hand (guides turn left for right hand and guides turn right for left hand).

Black Pearl

Quote from: broadway on May 09, 2012, 12:42:50 AM
Boghy got one heck of a work out with that rod...Let me know when they get in... I'm interested in a pair.
Thanks
Dom

Will do.

alantani

yeesh, boghy, don't do that!!!!!!  putting the rod inbetween your legs like that can crush the pudendal nerve.  the results can be catastrophic.   :-[
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

So that's what is wrong with all the shore casters in Hawaii.  Shore casters do that all the time, esp. when fishing with a 3-4 foot rod butt.

Black Pearl

Steve-O

Pretty dang impressive lifting those dumbbells with the confidence of no failure by not wearing safety gear. I've had a couple of GLoomis rods go BANG! in either my hands or the guy next to me while salmon fishing in AK and I thought I was being shot at.

dobrobill

I had the pleasure of seeing this rod live in Tampa yesterday. It does everything the video shows. Many people stopped by the both and Boghy kept doing the lift over and over and over until he could not lift it any longer. I think the jigging all that weight did him in.. The new Omoto reel is strong registering over 50lbs drag. I tried to be a monster fish and broke the 100lb braid line but the rod (shown in movie) and new reel remained only my pride was hurt....Ha.....

Black Pearl

Here we go. Boghy could not pickup 50 lbs. He just barely pickup 46# dead weigh. Therefore, we will state that this rod is rated up to 48# dead weigh for now.

This rod will be ready by the end of this month. I only have 40 pieces for right hand and 10 pieces for left hand.