Avet MXL Constant Clicking

Started by j0k3r, May 10, 2012, 01:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwntwnall4u

But there should be no wear on the button? Reel was hardly used at all.

alantani

agreed.  just not sure what else to do but replace it......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

dwntwnall4u

Replaced the clicker housing a few times with the one I got from you Alan, and the 5 more I purchased from Avet but still  constant clicking. E-mailed Avet and no response. Im done with Avet reels.

SoCalAngler

I'm not trying to sound like a smartass but the older Avets (engraved sideplates) have "clicking" this is the dog in the reel and their is NOTHING you can do to stop it. Newer Avets (etched sideplates) addressed this issue with a more silent anti reverse system but there is still a slight "clicking" it is more of a feel when you crank on the reel while palming it with the other hand. It is how the older reels were designed and that is the way it is. I'm kinda shocked no one here mentioned it. Oh wait you were told about it, not once but twice. Its like trying to remove the "clicking" out of Shimano reels such as the TLD and other lines, the clicking is the dog hitting the ratchet and their is nothing that can be done to stop it. Go ahead and try to stop it in the Shimano's also and see how far you get.

dwntwnall4u

So if you say this is how they are supposed to sound then why was this clicking noise not present when new? And holding the clicker button up away from engaging the actual clicker makes the clicking sound go away?

barkley1956

Anybody have a schematic for an older (engraved) MXL6/4?

SoCalAngler

Got to Avet's site. http://www.avetreels.net/SCHEMATICS___PARTS_LISTS.html

Scroll down to, Schematics & Parts Lists For Discontinued Avet Reels and find the reel your looking for.

Sorry, I just looked and it does not list the smaller 2 speeds.