Newell Belleville Spring

Started by franky, June 07, 2012, 12:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franky

Hey folks,

I am looking at the Mcmaster Site and am trying to figure out which size belleville washer is the same size as the Newell Belleville Spring (Part #3-142).  Anyone ordered from this site before?  If so, please post the size so I can get the correct part.

Thanks in advance.  :)

alantani

i know that belleville.  it is super thin and it's breaking all the time.  it also serves virtually no function.  i always throw them away.  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

franky

Thanks Alan,

Yes that the one....always breaking.  :(

alantani

franky

Oh...okay.

I know that the S-series newells have only one belleville spring on the top of the star.  This makes backing off the star feel nice and spongy, but not needed.

However, what about the P-series reels?  The belleville spring on the top of the star can be left out, but how about the two belleville springs below the star?  Would this affect the gradual increase and decrease of the drag pressure?  Also, if a person is to leave out the two bellevilles below the star, would having all that space on the gear sleeve allow the drag washers to come out of the gearbox?

alantani

there are two thicknesses for the keyed bellevilles found under the main gear.  once you set the drag, i don't think it makes that much difference.   :-\